Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I Want a Job NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want a Job NOW

I don't want assistance, I want to work. It'll be another week before the SPR committee meets and who knows when they will get to interviewing - the job I want most is the youth pastor position. Yeah, I know, sounds like I just want anything but I really think I can make a difference with that one. They've hired two guys straight out of college and the program hasn't grown at all. Total lack of continuity and entirely too much emphasis on events (they think they need a combo of event planner/baby sitter and oh yeah, throw in some prayer and stuff. Ugh - so wrong) - I can do the stuff no college kid can - I know how to chair committees and get different groups working together which is what it takes to get a coherent program. Our program can't be a rehash of other programs - most of which are insufficient anyway - if you want real sustained growth. You've got to add value from both the POV of the kids AND the parents (wait, this will look good on a resume - Junior, get in the car). Two hard working college kids have tried and failed. Let's try a grown up.

But in the meantime I'm broke, about to lose everything and fighting a battle with depression (winning, but that's God's doing not mine). I just want a job. I finally have a computer of my own and I'm making a dean in applying - but dang it, I need a job NOW.

Tired of crying and feeling unwanted (yeah, it's just a feeling) - I want to work.

I need to post a ton of stuff to Etsy but doubt I can (don't think there's anything in that bank account). Can't afford to go to the Shriner's weekly yard sale (don't have the money). Have enough cat food for tomorrow.

This has gone on way too long as it is. Tired of it!!!!!

Thank you for your kind attention. This rant has been brought to you by the Letter F for Frustration and the Number Green.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

&
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Thanks, DB

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Been praying, Laura, and will continue. Hang in there, darlin'.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Thanks

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

Thanks, Cere.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

We still be loving you, girl.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Thank you.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Kim Komando wrote that there are 3 businesses you can conduct through the Internet.

The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Yeah, I've learned that I stink at marketing. But that hasn't stopped me from trying - and won't.

Thanks, TS.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            Yeah, I've learned that I stink at marketing. But that hasn't stopped me from trying - and won't.

Thanks, TS.
                            Could be that you have not studied The Art of Selling Anything by Harry Browne
                            http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Selling...browne+selling
                            The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

And you expect me to buy that?

Okay, so maybe I'll check it out on ILL...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment