Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Job frustration AND a job opportunity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job frustration AND a job opportunity.

Hey everyone. I'm TSN (as many of you know) and I hate my job.

The actual work I do doesn't bother me. I work as a secondary 911 PSAP operator for medical (ambulance) dispatch. I like helping callers on the phone and guiding ambulances where they need to go. Heck, I don't even mind giving ambulances instructions about how Grandma X is being transferred from one nursing home to another, as well as plenty of other mundane things. Here's the thing, though. Upper management, for whatever reason, absolutely HATES our guts. Whenever something goes wrong and the finger pointing starts, dispatch is guilty until proven innocent. One of the managers even said after being presented documented evidence for our innocence that one of the lead dispatchers wrote down, "Oh, she's lying." This girl is someone who never lies about stupid things like this. To add to that, different ones will contradict each other in telling us what to do. One week the way we do something will be fine until some other manager gets pissed off about it and immediately tears into us for doing what someone else simply told us to do. They're shooting the messenger over, and over, and over again and literally everyone is sick of it. I'm so tired of this nonsense.

Needless to say, I (and pretty much everyone else) am looking for another job. I applied for another dispatch job that does police and fire and pays significantly more. My application was accepted and I've taken a typing test (I got 71 wpm, woot!). The next step will probably be the interview process. It may be this month or next. There are currently 3 positions open and quite a lot of people have applied and have taken the typing test already. I'm worried about the interview since I don't think I have great social skills. However, this job makes quite a lot and I would get full benefits. It would be really awesome for my family if I got it. Plus I want to escape the hell-hole that is my current job.
    "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
    -Marcus Aurelius

"It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

Comment

ing TSN
        3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

:praying:

Doesn't the fire dept run the Paramedics/ambulances in your area? Or are they a separate emergency department?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  :praying:

Doesn't the fire dept run the Paramedics/ambulances in your area? Or are they a separate emergency department?
                  Separate.
                  "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                  -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment