Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Mrs CP and medical challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs CP and medical challenges

So, after getting good news Monday about her NOT having to go back for cancer treatment for a year (praise God!) she went to the eye doctor this afternoon for a checkup because she "felt something weird" in her eye and was seeing "flashes".

She just called me to let me know that her eye doctor is sending her to the eye SURGEON for laser treatment, because there is a tear (as in rip) in her eye that needs immediate attention. I have Wednesday Night Service shortly, and had to get somebody else to do that last week because I was testifying in Austin on the Pastor Protection Bill. The eye surgeon wants a family member there, and my daughter (a nurse) is headed that way, and will let me know if it's serious. My wife assures me she only needs somebody there in case she can't drive, and really downplays the urgency.

I'll know within the hour whether I need to go there, or if I do my Wednesday Night Service then head to Austin for the Senate testimony tomorrow. (She wants me to do that - go to Austin)

Mrs CP, while being a really good sport about all this, is really getting weary of ... emergency appendectomy several years ago, both knees replaced, breast cancer, high blood pressure, some other stuff, and now this. She laughs (kind of that "ya gotta laugh so you don't cry" that "my body is trying to kill me".)

She's surprisingly healthy for all these challenges, and is getting a bit weary, I think, of all the "attention".

Please pray for her for strength, and for some "breathing room" from medical challenges.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Praying.

For ya'll.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

ing for your Wife and your family CP!
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I am become death...

Comment

THAT was fast.... Eye surgeon said "it looks a lot worse than it is - let's just leave it alone, because doing anything may be worse than doing something". He said it looks like it may have happened 3 months or so ago (no idea how he can know that) and it is already healing, so "leave it alone".
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Will still .

Comment

Well! God already had it under control!!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Will still .
                    yup! I was praying even before I got the update. Praise God.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      THAT was fast.... Eye surgeon said "it looks a lot worse than it is - let's just leave it alone, because doing anything may be worse than doing something". He said it looks like it may have happened 3 months or so ago (no idea how he can know that) and it is already healing, so "leave it alone".
                      Thank God for that.

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment