Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

My Kitten Bluejay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Kitten Bluejay

She'd lost a little weight and I'd been feeding her separately. She was doing fine until this morning when she was struggling to breathe. I took her to the vet and she had an infectious disease that couldn't be treated. She had fluid on her lungs and was white from the lack of oxygen even though she could still get around. I let her be put to sleep. I've never had to before. She was a rambunctious thing and so is her brother, but he may be infected as well - don't know.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Teal, I love you and think you are a wonderful person.

But you have had more animals die on you than anyone I have ever heard of. You really need to consider giving them to an animal shelter or something.

Comment

I think Sparko's right. There's probably just too many of them to be taking adequate care of on your own. Especially with some of the stuff you've had happen lately. Try to do everything yourself and you won't get any of it done.

Comment

There IS NO SHELTER to take them to. I'm not that stupid.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          I never, ever meant to even imply such a thing. Even if there isn't a shelter, surely there are people who live near you that care about animals. I don't think you are stupid. I think that maybe this is just too much for you to do on your own.

Comment

I had enough sense to check - it just isn't an option unless I let them go where they will be put down. That I won't do.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Not taking them to a shelter doesn't seem to be helping them either.

Comment

I had enough sense to check - it just isn't an option unless I let them go where they will be put down. That I won't do.

Comment

http://www.nokillnetwork.org/d/Alabama/
                  http://www.adoptapet-directory.com/d.../NAME/1&nokill

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Not taking them to a shelter doesn't seem to be helping them either.
                    Actually, I only have trouble with the babies - and we may now know why. Siren will be nineteen in February and Egg will be 15 or sixteen next year. Once they get past the one year mark, they usually do fine. I rarely lose them until they are elderly after that.

And most of the boys are now fixed. The ones who aren't are going to be isolated (by the end of the week). Major problem solved.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I know you are trying to help and I appreciate it - but who ever heard of an HS no kill? HS opposes no kill shelters.

That's part of the frustration of finding no kills - there are a lot of stupid things to weed through.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I know you are trying to help and I appreciate it - but who ever heard of an HS no kill? HS opposes no kill shelters.

That's part of the frustration of finding no kills - there are a lot of stupid things to weed through.
                        Well according to their sites they specify they are no-kill shelters. And there are a ton more than just the HS listings.

Comment

I saw that, but HS shelters aren't no kills. The other was better but none are nearby.

I REALLY have to work on job apps today. I will look into it some more - but later.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Teal my primary concern from this end is the number of cats that seem to exhibit the contagious and lifelong miserable feline respiratory disease. Its a concern because of the number of animals that are sick. While no one wants an animal euthanized at some point it is more merciful to let the pet go in peace with God. I love cats and dogs and treat them like children. When my kids are grown I want to run a small rehab for feral kittens who can be domesticated and adopted. But some things are beyond control. An animals pain and suffering at the end of life is one of these things, and its is a loss of a child. I cried for a month when I knew my dog was dying and I was hand feeding her. But in the end after I grieved and cried my tears I begged my parents to please not let her suffer anymore. So if you have sick animals it can be OK. No kill and foster families are fantastic. They provide care of all kinds that you might not have been able too. I urge you to look up cat rescues to keep the healthy cats healthy. Then consider keeping 2-4 healthy cats. Its manageable and still great for your health.
                            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

And no matter what Teal, I still Love you :hugs: And I am so so sorry you're having such a rough time
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment