Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I Need Another Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Another Job

Although I'm a Bible College graduate with scholarly aspirations I don't feel anywhere close to ready to take on a MAster's degree yet so when I graduated I job hunted for any job that I could get and landed at Walmart. I started out as evening instock 4-5 days a week (although as part-time status), then moved to full-time status as daytime instock which was 5 days a week, and when I got back from my honeymoon in November I landed the receiving position fulltime. But all this is minimum wage, receiving is a little more than minimum plus I've had a couple annual raises and a work performance raise but all of this still makes it difficult to get by and I'm still living paycheck to paycheck.

And now they are cutting everyone's hours back. Fortunately I need to be there 5 days a week still for certain store operations to function but it looks like they're having me finish each day early. So it's time to move on and fine something else. I'm facing a competitive job market out there while not having a large skill set, so I need prayer for open doors and to land a better paying job (AND with better people--there's only so much crap from people I can handle each day), and a job that I can do well and that hopefully will lead to somewhere.

Comment

Good to see you around tweb.

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Good luck Teloug, I hope you find work you enjoy soon. Indeed.com has been a useful site for me

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

"It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
              -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              I support the :
              sigpic

Comment