Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

New Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job?

Oh I certainly hope so

I just came back from an interview that seemed to go pretty well but won't know for a few days. If I get it the job will
    • Pay slightly more than I'm making starting out than my current one does after nearly 2½ years
    • Be considerably closer to home reducing drive time substantially
    • Has significantly better benefits
    • Better chance at advancement -- especially considering that I've come to the conclusion that my chances are virtually zero at my current job
    • More steady hours (no working in the morning and then come back 8 hours later to work overnight and then back in the morning the following day)

Boy do I have the worst tension headache at the moment though

Now here is the weird part.

I was on the phone with a friend of mine about this time yesterday when my phone started beeping like it does with call waiting. I have never had call waiting on this phone in the nearly 25 years that I had it. When I finished I checked the caller ID and it showed that this perspective employer had tried to call. This phone has never shown calls on the caller ID that couldn't get through when the phone was in use. I called the company back and got an appointment for the interview today.

It's almost like Someone is trying to help me get this job. Now if I actually get it...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Comment

I hope and pray that, if this is what God wants for you, it happens! Sounds like a good opportunity!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

ing Rogue
          3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Hoping for the best for you!

Hey, does the job have a brother?
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Amen

Comment

Thanks everyone.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Don't forget to wear clean underwear. (Understanding, of course, this means you might have to buy some)
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Don't forget to wear clean underwear. (Understanding, of course, this means you might have to buy some)
                    Just what sort of job do you think that I'm applying for?

Comment

Oooooooops.

Wrong thread, maybe.

Comment

Let us know how it went!

Comment

Should know if they offer it in the next couple of days. They were interviewing several people.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Should know if they offer it in the next couple of days. They were interviewing several people.
                            You turned on your charm and debbonair qualities, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              You turned on your charm and debbonair qualities, yes?
                              I think it helped that the person who was to interview after me left the waiting area and the secretary didn't know where he went.

Comment