Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Mold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mold

Hey,

Prayers are much appreciated for a move that will soon take place. I have reserved the place - a spacious room in a new Townhouse - for a viewing tomorrow and judging by the pictures and area, the price is right.

Why the title "Mold"? Well, I am currently living with my dad in his house which is essentially infested with mold. I spent many years suffering - sleepless nights, headaches, paranoia, and many other symptoms of mold exposure. I finally realized that this house is going to destroy me if I don't leave so I pushed myself and got a full-time job for the purpose of renting. That is accomplished and now I just need to get the heck outta here.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
    Hey,

Prayers are much appreciated for a move that will soon take place. I have reserved the place - a spacious room in a new Townhouse - for a viewing tomorrow and judging by the pictures and area, the price is right.

Why the title "Mold"? Well, I am currently living with my dad in his house which is essentially infested with mold. I spent many years suffering - sleepless nights, headaches, paranoia, and many other symptoms of mold exposure. I finally realized that this house is going to destroy me if I don't leave so I pushed myself and got a full-time job for the purpose of renting. That is accomplished and now I just need to get the heck outta here.

Thanks!
    Will be praying. In the mean time, you need a full medical evaluation as the external effects of black mold are only often a glimpse of what it can do internally. Also be sure to purchase new clothing, food and furniture even if its 2nd hand and take nothing with you as black mold needs to be left where it is. Its hard to leave everything but congratulations on your new start.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Comment

I'm also praying that your father actually does something about the mold.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I drove to the place today for a viewing in an exhausted, sleep deprived state on icy roads (no snow tires) and took a look around then signed the papers. I move in tomorrow. I just really hope this all works out and my health improves.

Cath, I really don't think I can start from absolute scratch as I will need to bring some things from here. I don't think everything has black mold spores on it as some rooms are worse than others. There are certain rooms where I wouldn't take anything but other rooms where it seems half decent, although, there is moldy air being blown through the vents. Also everything does have that musty smell to it, even in the "good" rooms. What's the worst that can happen if some mold spores get transferred to the new place? Surely it wouldn't make things as bad as they are here, right?

Comment

This is an important step forward for you and I'm glad to hear about this.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment