Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Rope. Check. Knot. Check. Hanging on... Not as good as I should...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rope. Check. Knot. Check. Hanging on... Not as good as I should...

So they are appealing my unemployment and I have to go to Montgomery for the hearing on the 6th.

I don't feel as good anymore - probably because the OTC supplements aren't as good but my stomach is a mess and I can't see the doctor... You know, stuff. I wasn't great with stress before. I still haven't really cried - that I don't want to do. I want to honor God as much as I can and I don't really need to cry - His doing, obviously - but I'm getting tired now.

I've also become more suspicious - I don't like that.

I am NOT unmindful of the many blessings I've gotten during this - and keep getting. I don't know why I can't keep focused on that. I go from high to low with little stop in between.

My head hurts - sinus or positional vertigo, take your pick. I don't want to complain so I don't talk when upset - but I don't explain much when I'm not upset, either.

I just don't feel good right now. I slept most of the day (I let myself - the vertigo was a problem yesterday and I thought I might be better if I let myself get enough sleep - worked except for the headache. THEN I got the letter...).

Okay, griped enough for now. Thank you for putting up with me.

God is still God!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Comment

Thanks, guys.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

You used to work for a cantankerous lot...

ing
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I don't know why you feel as if you can't let yourself cry. In the culture of the Bible, they didn't merely cry, they put on a show! And those people tended to also be the heroes of the biblical stories.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                    You used to work for a cantankerous lot...

ing
                    Cantankerous. Probably not the first word I would have used. But yeah.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Yeah...had to keep it clean though...It wasn't my first choice...
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Thanks, MS, KT, LJ and Rogue

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
                        I don't know why you feel as if you can't let yourself cry. In the culture of the Bible, they didn't merely cry, they put on a show! And those people tended to also be the heroes of the biblical stories.
                        Not so much can't as 'don't want to' - stray tears are one thing but really letting go feels wrong right now. I know it's Biblically okay and it's not a matter of falling short - more like fasting, done to honor God rather than to 'be good' (well, it WAS until I blabbed all over the internet... ).

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                        Yeah...had to keep it clean though...It wasn't my first choice...
                        Thanks guys - nice to know it's not just me...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Sorry for my absence. Haven't been around much. It seems incredible that they are appealing the decision. What is their problem? Anyway, and more importantly, stay strong in the Lord and keep your head up and moving forward. You will get through this.
                          βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                          ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Thanks, Rob.

I do feel a lot better today.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Sorry Teal.

No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment