Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

*Sigh*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Sigh*

Howdy Folks,

I could use your prayers. I haven't slept at all in the past 4 days. What's more, I have sleep apnea and RLS coupled with interstitial cystitis, so when I do "sleep", it's extremely broken and simply insufficient. This has forced me to live my life in isolation due to social settings being far too taxing. I willed myself with all my energy to get a job and move out of my dad's house-of-mold (clearly not helping) 1 year ago and it has been one hell of struggle to get where I am today, however, it seems like it's one battle after another. I moved 4 times in the past year and my roommates almost killed me due to conflicts with my schedule (I worked nights) and every time I drifted to sleep, it wasn't long before a roommate slammed a door or laughed out loud (literally..literally) and woke me up (I'm an EXTREMELY light "sleeper"). I've been sleeping on broken bed frames and being misunderstood by everyone cause' they can't relate to severe sleep deprivation. I remember sitting on the subway going to work and blacking out, slipping in and out of consciousness, thinking " hm, should I press the emergency lever now or wait a little longer?" I often muster all the focus I can to walk down stairs and take showers because I often feel like I'm on the verge of fainting.

Anyway, brighter days are ahead cause' I'm moving again - this time I'm able to afford my own apartment - so no more roommates from hell. Once in this situation I'm confident that I will be able to increasingly flourish and get things in order. I have a lot of healing to go through due to an UTTERLY dysfunctional upbringing and then my teenage years spent in a drugged out daze.

Thank-you.

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Comment

Glad to hear that brighter days are ahead--I'm also praying.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Comment

A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
                  Howdy Folks,

I could use your prayers. I haven't slept at all in the past 4 days. What's more, I have sleep apnea and RLS coupled with interstitial cystitis, so when I do "sleep", it's extremely broken and simply insufficient. This has forced me to live my life in isolation due to social settings being far too taxing. I willed myself with all my energy to get a job and move out of my dad's house-of-mold (clearly not helping) 1 year ago and it has been one hell of struggle to get where I am today, however, it seems like it's one battle after another. I moved 4 times in the past year and my roommates almost killed me due to conflicts with my schedule (I worked nights) and every time I drifted to sleep, it wasn't long before a roommate slammed a door or laughed out loud (literally..literally) and woke me up (I'm an EXTREMELY light "sleeper"). I've been sleeping on broken bed frames and being misunderstood by everyone cause' they can't relate to severe sleep deprivation. I remember sitting on the subway going to work and blacking out, slipping in and out of consciousness, thinking " hm, should I press the emergency lever now or wait a little longer?" I often muster all the focus I can to walk down stairs and take showers because I often feel like I'm on the verge of fainting.

Anyway, brighter days are ahead cause' I'm moving again - this time I'm able to afford my own apartment - so no more roommates from hell. Once in this situation I'm confident that I will be able to increasingly flourish and get things in order. I have a lot of healing to go through due to an UTTERLY dysfunctional upbringing and then my teenage years spent in a drugged out daze.

Thank-you.
                  ing for you. If you have Health Insurance, I highly recommend a sleep study and a CPAP if you don't already have one. It literally changed my life. I sleep much deeper now and the "white noise" generated by the machine helps immensely with transient noise!
                  "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

"It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    I support the :
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                      ing for you. If you have Health Insurance, I highly recommend a sleep study and a CPAP if you don't already have one. It literally changed my life. I sleep much deeper now and the "white noise" generated by the machine helps immensely with transient noise!
                      The CPAP machine makes huge difference. I have slept with one for around 15 years now. However the new machine I have now (the old one finally gave up) is so quiet it will not do the white noise service.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

I'm definitely going to look into the CPAP machine again, I went to a few sleep studies back in the day when I had more time yet I was unable to fall asleep! I guess this next time I'll ask for a heavy dose of sleeping pills to knock me out - or would that affect the accuracy of the study in some way?

Comment