Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

An Odd Praise Report - 50 Year Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    It was a GREAT party -- about 75 of their closest friends, and a GREAT dinner -- Ribeye Steak, Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake....

don and ruby.jpg

Ruby is a nut --- she said, during her speech, that Marriage works best because of "incompatibility" --- "Don has the income and I have the patability"

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    After 50 years with the "love of my life," the "wife of my youth" I salute them.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
    Even after all this time, Mossy remains incredibly modest.

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    What a wonderful way to celebrate! Tell them congratulations from me and Mr. mossy, who just had our 2,000,000,042nd!

Even after all this time, Mossy remains incredibly modest.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    What a wonderful way to celebrate! Tell them congratulations from me and Mr. mossy, who just had our 42nd!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    started a topic An Odd Praise Report - 50 Year Anniversary

An Odd Praise Report - 50 Year Anniversary

Some dear friends of ours, Don & Ruby, will be celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary tonight at a really neat Steakhouse, and Mrs CP and I are invited. They're paying for everything, for a bunch of guests, and it's a SURPRISE to Ruby!

In this world of "shacking up", divorces, the attack on the family --- it's just great to know that here's yet another couple who has held things together for 50 years, and planning on much more.

I didn't mean to open this up to debate with my comments on divorce, and such -- just a backdrop of why this is such a worthy accomplishment, and why it's worth celebrating.

And, like Mrs CP and I (on our 40th this year) they actually still LIKE* each other!

don n ruby.jpg

*Yeah, they love each other, but it's possible to "love somebody" without actually liking them, I think.