Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

An Odd Praise Report - 50 Year Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Odd Praise Report - 50 Year Anniversary

Some dear friends of ours, Don & Ruby, will be celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary tonight at a really neat Steakhouse, and Mrs CP and I are invited. They're paying for everything, for a bunch of guests, and it's a SURPRISE to Ruby!

In this world of "shacking up", divorces, the attack on the family --- it's just great to know that here's yet another couple who has held things together for 50 years, and planning on much more.

I didn't mean to open this up to debate with my comments on divorce, and such -- just a backdrop of why this is such a worthy accomplishment, and why it's worth celebrating.

And, like Mrs CP and I (on our 40th this year) they actually still LIKE* each other!

don n ruby.jpg

*Yeah, they love each other, but it's possible to "love somebody" without actually liking them, I think.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

What a wonderful way to celebrate! Tell them congratulations from me and Mr. mossy, who just had our 42nd!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      What a wonderful way to celebrate! Tell them congratulations from me and Mr. mossy, who just had our 2,000,000,042nd!

Even after all this time, Mossy remains incredibly modest.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
        Even after all this time, Mossy remains incredibly modest.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

After 50 years with the "love of my life," the "wife of my youth" I salute them.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

It was a GREAT party -- about 75 of their closest friends, and a GREAT dinner -- Ribeye Steak, Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake....

don and ruby.jpg

Ruby is a nut --- she said, during her speech, that Marriage works best because of "incompatibility" --- "Don has the income and I have the patability"

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment