Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Blessings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blessings

There have been more than a few real blessings during the last few months despite my current difficulties. I want to focus on those in this thread.

1) I was able to get all of my males cats neutered for free. Two were not done but all the rest were and because the rest were mostly adults, it isn't slowing them up much. That means the girls get what they need to get them out of heat quickly (family show here) and we don't get babies in the process.

2) My health has improved some. I don't need the large quantities of vitamins and Imodium I used to. I think I've lost some weight as well. Since stress is a major factor I'm presuming it comes from not being under the constant stress from my job any longer. You'd think it would be more stressful now and sometimes it is, but that bring us to...

3) I'm remarkably at peace with the situation. I stress on a few things but I only cried really once and that right after the car accident when I was so shaken up. But God is God no matter what happens and as I recall, I promised to follow Him, not the other way around. He never promised there wouldn't be any difficulties or that things would never get bad. He did promise to stay with me even then - and He's done that. No complaints here.

Yes, I still need to find a job, et al, and I do pray about my various needs, but He's provided for me thus far and even if He decides to make things different, He has a purpose and He's the boss, not me. I haven't forgotten what he's done for me over the years - I took the good; I'll take the bad - and yes, I know full well that there is a point, whether I understand it or not.

4) I had a tooth start to go hot - and I don't have insurance. I was on ibuprofen for a week and it stopped. Still can be irritated - it hasn't gone anywhere, but He's got it under control until a dentist is an option again.

5) My church has been incredible - both as an organization and the members. Everyone has been so kind and many have been very generous. I have come closest to crying when they have given me money to help with my expenses. I can't tell you how that makes me feel.

6) I'm not alone anymore. Most of you can't know what it's like to be an extreme outsider - a child with no friends at all. From first to ninth grade I don't recall a single day without tears - I was bullied and friendless. that's a story for another time but even after I learned to make friends there was a part of me that always assumed I had no one to rely on if things got bad besides me and God - mostly God. I never expected anyone outside immediate family, of which I have none, to really help me - yet they have. I have real friends - and now I know it.

All of which makes me more determined to get a danged job and start paying back both what I owe and the love I've been shown - I wonder if that makes sense to anyone?

7) The car thing has the potential to be extremely bad as opposed to merely very bad - I won't know until Tuesday which way it will be. But without my asking (I was going to) a friend came up and talked to me about the prospects of my getting a job at the local university. He's been trying to help - they haven't been hiring before Christmas. It was just what I needed to hear - that it wasn't hopeless.

I'd like to hear 'you're hired' even more, but we gotta take what is given.

Okay, stopping now. I've gotten bad about staying up too late and getting up much too late - that ends tonight.

Later, gang! God is good!
    Last edited by Teallaura; 01-08-2015, 08:46 PM.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Praise God!
      Thanks for sharing that.
      God's blessings to you.

Comment

I got the unemployment appeal decision today - it was REVERSED!!!!!

Praise God!!!!!
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Oh, yeah, the other guy was found at fault in the accident. Remind me to tell you that story.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Praise God!!!!!
            I wish I could amen this a hundred times!

Praise God!!!
            3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Praise God!!!!!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Praise God!!!!!
                An employer has to be pretty rude to set up obstacles to unemployment

Comment

Thanks, guys - I really appreciate it.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So, what now? Do you run to the unemployment office?
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Praise God!!!!!
                      HOOrah!

I mean... um... AMEN!!!!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        HOOrah!

I mean... um... AMEN!!!!
                        Both reactions are fitting

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            So, what now? Do you run to the unemployment office?
                            They will deposit it in my account - soon, I hope!

Thanks, everyone!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Deposit received!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment