Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Blessings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Oh, yeah, the other guy was found at fault in the accident. Remind me to tell you that story.

Comment

Er, tomorrow... Gotta run!
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

1) The appeal hearing was today. The best I can say is it's finally over. Not sure how well it went but I did my best. At least now I can move on.
            I won't find out the result for more than a month, possibly two.

2) I'll tell you the story tomorrow - I'm worn out right now.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Oh, yeah, the other guy was found at fault in the accident. Remind me to tell you that story.

Comment

Well, you're still gonna have to wait. I went back today and the corrected report wasn't available yet. The story isn't finished...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Okay:

Once upon a time I was minding my own business, trying to pull out of the parking lot at Dollar Tree. I look both ways because my Daddy taught me too and I see a car on the other end of the parking lot that obviously just pulled in from Brundidge Street. There's half a football field at least between us and I just need to go 20 feet to get to the main highway. That means our paths are perpendicular to one another - but there's no way at a reasonable speed he can get to me. I look ahead to the highway and then start moving. Almost immediately, I see him again out of the corner of my eye and he's on top of me. I slam on the brakes and he swerves - so the passenger side of his car hits the front driver's side of mine. He keeps going another 20 yards - with the skid marks to prove it - before finally stopping.

He did come ask if I was okay (yes, just really shook up) and who's fault it was (no comment - nothing nice would have come out and why make it worse?). He asks me what to do - it's his first accident and his grandmother's car. I'm already calling the police so I tell him to call his grandmom. Instead, he backs up the car to within 10 feet of mine ( There was no need at all for that.) and starts changing the tire.

So, I call my friend (she was expecting me) and she says she's coming (moral support - I needed it!) then my insurance company (told not to report it yet? Weird call). Now the officer arrives and starts talking to the kid. He gives the go ahead to change the tire. My friend arrives and while we're talking I tell the kid to put the hydraulic jack under the frame instead of the gas tank - I am NOT joking. Officer never really took my statement, just gave me the case number after looking over my paperwork (I had to tell the kid what to get ready for the officer, too ).

So, the next Tuesday (five days later) I go get the report and it says I said I didn't see the kid. I most certainly did not say that. So, back into the police station and the nice clerk calls the officer and he comes in. I explain, he says he'll fix it and they tell me to come back in a few days. I come back a week later and the report is unchanged. She calls the officer who is off duty, he says he did too change it and they assume it's hiding on a supervisor's desk somewhere. Come back Tuesday...

I don't get to come back until seven days later. Guess what? Yeah, that. The clerk calls the officer, he comes in and goes and changes the thing - finally! Only now it's not what he said he was going to do - and I've been sitting here an hour. So I end up waiting some more, talking to the nice supervisor and well, I'm stuck with it.

So, I can't open the hood because it may (ha!) not close again (fat chance - it's 2 inches out of alignment!) and I've got to get the car fixed so call to the insurance company... and I talk to a teenager. A very nice teenager but I don't think he got the whole 'it's the other guy's fault, help' thing. Oh, and he got the phone number wrong - which was why the nice adjuster couldn't reach me.

Tuesday the adjuster took a chance the car would be at the church and it was - me too, coincidentally. Yea - I had to take the car to turn in a job application while he was finishing up the paperwork. From what he'd told me, I was thinking that instead of my deductible going from $500 for the deer to $200 because it involved another car () it's now going to be $700! Yeah, I panicked...

And ed - a lot...

It was $200 when I got back!

Which is $200 more than I have.

More er

I gotta get it fixed so I take it in Thursday...

I get an email later that someone is sending help. The deductible is covered.

God is soooo good!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment