Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I was hospitalized.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was hospitalized.

Hey everyone. Yesterday afternoon I was released from the hospital after being there for over two days. I called an ambulance on early Sunday morning around 12:30 A.M. after I had been violently throwing up for several hours. I tried to sleep it off but I woke up and noticed that my heart was still racing pretty fast. I found out pretty quick that I had atrial fibrillation and my heart rate was over 200 at times and at one point it was up to 280. The next several hours at the ED my heart rate and blood pressure went up and down and bounced all over the place and I threw up a lot (it was worse than being seasick). I was admitted to the hospital and given multiple drugs (I don't remember what all they were) and the cardiologist gave me a drug that set my heart rhythm back to normal. I'm thankful for that because he told me that if the drugs didn't work he would have to shock my heart back to a normal rhythm. I also had a stress test the next day and it thankfully came out normal.

What caused all of this? I'm pretty sure it was a cigar I had. I smoked a cigar and that's when the symptoms began. The cardiologist said that he thought that's what set the a-fib rhythm in my heart and that the cigar was probably contaminated in some way. Needless to say, I'm NEVER smoking anything ever again.

Yeah, I've had quite an experience. My big worry now is the bills I'm going to have to deal with. I think insurance will cover most of it but it's still a lot to deal with.
    "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
    -Marcus Aurelius

Glad to hear you're okay.

Comment

Lord, have mercy!
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

wow. Thank God you are alright.

Comment

Wow, that is quite the experience. I know cigars have a large amount of nicotene in them, but that seems to be rather atypical.
          No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Glad you're alright, TSN
            3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Good to hear you are okay.

Comment

Glad you're okay - now quit worrying about the bills and make sure you don't freeze tonight!
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Also glad you are okay now. And will be praying about the bills.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

glad you're okay tsn. feel better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The important thing right now is that you're safe and stable, and praise God for that!
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Wow, glad you're doing better!
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment