Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

It Happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Happened

No surprise, of course, but I lost my job yesterday. I'm appealing and my attorney is giving them notice of a possible suit.

But in the meantime, I'm unemployed for the first time in my adult, post college life.

I'm pretty okay at the moment - God is still God, after all. I'm good with that.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

ing Teal.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

God will have something better in store for you, sweet girl.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Comment

Thanks, everyone.

Thus far Spart wants me to join the pro-life movement and a couple of my friends here think I should try to teach at Huntingdon. I'll be applying where ever they will take an application.

I don't have a computer at home so I won't be online as much for a while. When I do get computer time, I kinda need to job hunt...
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Hugs.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Thanks.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Thanks, Everyone.

Working on my appeal today. Applied for unemployment this morning (earliest I could).

In other news, my Sunday School class is offering to help as have a couple other folks in the church. I came the closest to crying Sunday morning in church - not over the job but over the response. I always assumed I'd be alone - part of how I grew up - so it's overwhelming to find that I have the 'friends in need' type of friends.

Gotta stop - or I'll start crying. ;smile:

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Alone? We won't allow that.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Might want to check into working in a law firm. You seem to have a pretty good grasp on things in that area. Maybe you could get a paralegal certificate too.

But being a cat, I think you will always land on your feet!

Comment