Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

It Happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, everyone.

Tired, at the moment. I keep busy at church - the least I can do and besides I have the free time for the multiple projects I am involved with. Children's play was Sunday and I'm still tired from it!

1) I need to mail the transcript of the pre-termination hearing to the Unemployment hearing officer - will do that tomorrow. Forgot it while I was re-arranging storage rooms at church this morning (churches store more things... ). No word yet on the rescheduled hearing. My attorney will sit in with me next time.

I got to hear the Department's testimony - let's just say answering straight questions wasn't a thing. The Personnel lady, not my boss, testified. The Hearing Officer didn't seem impressed and has requested my boss be available for the continuance. She (personnel lady) made several mistakes and clearly didn't know diddly about my job. I took good notes - we will be revisiting some territory.

My boss isn't the greatest at explaining things and I doubt he does much better - although he'll at least know a case from and FR...

I refuse to be hopeful - but at least this go round is on a fair field.

2) Need to work on the Appeal Hearing stuff - plan to tomorrow. I'm tired right now and don't wanna do anything complex that I can muck up.

When I receive stuff from the Hearing Officer for the Unemployment I'll forward it to my attorney as well - they left out some things.

If the department does the same stupid stuff they did with the Unemployment folks this could be a good thing. Dunno - an attorney shouldn't let them do it but seriously, a personnel officer as your witness? To what? She has zero direct knowledge of anything.

This time my blood iron isn't only a 5 and I'm not all alone. Win or lose, no one's committing perjury without being challenged this time! (yes, really - at my suspension hearing last year.) I don't owe any loyalty to the department now - and I'm not so sick that things will get by me as easily.

But most importantly, I need prayer both for the preparation and the hearing.

I've got other things I need to do today and my online time is limited. I wanna tell y'all about the many blessings I've received - but that will have to be next time...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Comment

Kick their butts, Teal!
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Thanks...
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

What is family for?
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  What is family for?
                  Beatin' the stuffins out of each other until somebody else steps in and tries to whoop us.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment