Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

It Happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.

I was denied unemployment. I am appealing.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

why did they deny it?

Comment

They said I was dismissed with cause. Oh, but after another ten years employment I'll be eligible again...
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          They said I was dismissed with cause. Oh, but after another ten years employment I'll be eligible again...
          Then that's where you need to challenge the employer - to justify "the cause". It needs to be clearly documented and without any form of discrimination.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Working on it. I talked to my attorney this morning - it surprised him.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Working on it. I talked to my attorney this morning - it surprised him.

OK, having had experience on "the other end", usually the way this works.....

If a company thinks they have a better than average chance of NOT paying unemployment, they can.....

initially decline, hoping the applicant doesn't appeal.
              if the applicant DOES appeal, they can decide if it's worth a battle, because it ties up their resources to document, testify, prepare, etc....

It's not unusual for an employer to decline, hoping the applicant doesn't appeal, then "cave in" because it's not worth the aggravation to battle it out in hearings.

I wish you the best, and ing for you.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

what are they claiming is the "cause?" (you can PM me if you don't want to post it)

Comment

Appeal sent - only cost me $7.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So, Sunday morning, I was sick and late for church. I was not sure I had enough money to buy lunch and knew I was in deep trouble Monday because of the light bill (I pay with my second paycheck so it's always 'late' - by a few days - and I get a disconnect notice which arrives a day or two after the bill pays - except, of course, now there is no second paycheck). It wasn't much but it was more than I had. So, on to church, Sunday School, Choir and all. Great sermon, didn't muck up the anthem and even Sunday School was okay - then it was time to get together after service to decide where to go. I deferred - I knew I had at least five dollars and ala carte is always an option - but then someone gave me some money. I thanked them, we decided where to go and I got busy chasing down various people I needed to talk to about various projects (time I have - I plan to use it). When I got back to my Sunday School class room I finally looked at what I had been given - it wasn't just enough for lunch, but considerably more. Enough for the light bill and gas and minutes (it's hard enough to find a job without a prospective employer not being able to reach you!) and mostly CAT FOOD!!!!! I don't care how silly it sounds, I don't want my kitties going hungry and yeah, that bothered me more than the light bill.

After lunch, someone picked up my check and wouldn't let me pay it (not that I put up a fight, accepting a gift graciously is important - and hopefully someday soon I'll be able to return the favor) and then gave me money as well - enough to pay for the fingerprinting to get a substitute teaching job!

This morning I paid the light bill and was fingerprinted. I even bought socks - I've gotten an offer from a lady to sell 'boot socks' for me but I need yarn and socks to make them with. Now I should be able to get both!

God is an awesome God!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Have you looked on USAJobs.com? They are government jobs, so they do tend to take somewhat longer to go through the process, but they are good jobs typically.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Um....fingerprinted?
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Have you looked on USAJobs.com? They are government jobs, so they do tend to take somewhat longer to go through the process, but they are good jobs typically.
                          Not recently, but I will.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            Um....fingerprinted?
                            All high techie and laser scanny and all.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                              Um....fingerprinted?
                              Required for background checks if you want to be a teacher. Make sure your not a criminal or lying on your application...
                              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                                Required for background checks if you want to be a teacher. Make sure your not a criminal or lying on your application...
                                because if you are, then they promote you to the school board.

Comment