Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

It Happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Still nothing. No unemployment - that might happen if I can ever reach the girl I'm supposed to call. No job and not at all sure what will be in my last paycheck - possibly okay but possibly not.

God is still good!
    All the time!

And....

You deserve something really really GOOD!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm tired right now - I'll do a much more detailed post tomorrow. There have been some real blessings.

Thanks!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

unfortunately not many people hire during the holiday season (except for holiday jobs) - but perhaps after the 1st of the year when the new budgets come out?

Comment

Thanks, guys.

I have a friend who is trying to get me hired where he works - it's a good shot but may take a while.

I am making other applications.

I got my final paycheck today - I wasn't paid for my leave and it's not enough to cover my bills - not even close. I cancelled all my outgoing payments - had to, there's no money. I haven't heard if I'm getting unemployment or not - I have to make yet another phone call today.

My church says they might can help. I might get unemployment. But right now, I'm essentially broke.

My appeal is scheduled for January 6th.

On the plus side, I haven't cried more than a couple tears - literally. I have people who genuinely care - something I never thought I'd have after my parents died. All my boys were fixed free of charge. I thought I'd lost Short Stuff yesterday - I went out and he wasn't on the lead. I called and hunted - and prayed - but no dog. When I got back in, there he was in his crate - I'd brought him in and forgotten. Lots of blessings, big and small, like that. I'm determined to follow God no matter how bad it gets - after all, He's God and I'm soooo not. So spiritually, I'm okay - financially, not at all.

I'm gonna get on the substitute teaching list - a friend who teaches thinks she can help. I'll try to sell my scarves Saturday - if I could get them sold that would really help (I have forty+ in inventory). I guess I'll go ahead and add a bunch to the Etsy store now that I've figured out 'copy'.

Too many jobs require money to apply - I'll need to pay for a background check for the sub teaching thing.

Okay, so done with the update. In better news, I've been asked to do the backdrop for our children's Christmas pageant and I'm trying to get a Christmas day dinner done at the church. I have one volunteer so far...

God is good!
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Talked to the lady at the unemployment office. She was very nice. No idea if I'll get it or not but I should know next week - maybe as early as Monday or Tuesday... Maybe...

God is good!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Talked to the lady at the unemployment office. She was very nice. No idea if I'll get it or not but I should know next week - maybe as early as Monday or Tuesday... Maybe...

God is good!
              As long as your workplace was paying into unemployment -- and it's REALLY unusual if they weren't -- and you weren't fired "for cause", you should be good!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Still
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  As long as your workplace was paying into unemployment -- and it's REALLY unusual if they weren't -- and you weren't fired "for cause", you should be good!
                  The 'for cause' is the sticking point. Evidently they didn't give a specific 'cause' (just a ton of paper and called it a 'combination') and that is what seems to matter most to the Unemployment office but it's up to an adjudicator. I don't know at this point. I hope I get it but I just don't know.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Still
                    Thanks.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The 'for cause' is the sticking point. Evidently they didn't give a specific 'cause' (just a ton of paper and called it a 'combination') and that is what seems to matter most to the Unemployment office but it's up to an adjudicator. I don't know at this point. I hope I get it but I just don't know.

In most states, you'd have to have done something pretty outlandish NOT to be granted unemployment compensation, and it's up to the employer to make that case.

But, yeah,

Comment

Most places will not fight any unemployment claim unless you did something criminal that can be proven (like stealing) because they don't want to risk a law suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          In most states, you'd have to have done something pretty outlandish NOT to be granted unemployment compensation, and it's up to the employer to make that case.

But, yeah,
                          Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Most places will not fight any unemployment claim unless you did something criminal that can be proven (like stealing) because they don't want to risk a law suit.
                            They're likely getting one anyway - but that's good to know.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

No news yet...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Teal
                                3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment