Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Emma Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DesertBerean
    replied
    Oh yeah...Her dad landed a job at a major home improvement store.

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    She does. She's not going home just yet... Some type of seizure issue. They're testing to find out exactly what. But at last report she's 7 pounds or close to it.

I think for now that'll be the last pic. She's becoming quite identifiable. So until her parents give the go ahead I'll give just updates on her home coming.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    Well she looks healthy

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    1959627_745690542115891_1690930255_n.jpg Today is Emma's due date that she beat by three months.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Don't get too excited now but she may come home by next week. Among other things she'll need to pass a car seat test.
    I thought babies had to weigh 5 pounds to leave the hospital? Maybe I read that in an older source.

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    Don't get too excited now but she may come home by next week. Among other things she'll need to pass a car seat test.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    It appears to be an oxygen or supplemental feeding tube.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    What's the tube in her nose? I assumed it was a feeding tube.

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    She's feeding already.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    And the last few weeks, they get their passive immunity antibodies from mommy. That's why preemies are more vulnerable to infection. Hopes she stays indoors. Cold winter. So, when she gains enough weight and takes all her feeds by mouth, she'll go home? She's still pretty little!

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    Ah I see. My understanding is they're pretty well developed at six months or so except for baby fat they'll need to keep warm, and for their lines and eyes. Lungs are extremely vital of course cuz they might not be developed enough for the baby to get the oxygen they need to thrive.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Well, premature babies do "wake up" as result of being born early, but don't they need their fetal sleep? Who knows...

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    Not sure what you mean. But "my" Emma had little more than two months to figure herself out with God's power.

Leave a comment: