Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

My Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dad

My Dad (in his 70's) was scheduled to have an artificial hip replacement fixed yesterday (this was a replacement for his previous artificial hip, which had worn out, the new one has slipped out of place and is causing him a lot of discomfort). When they put him under for the operation, his blood pressure dropped to almost zero, not enough to keep his circulation going and they were worried his heart was going to stop, so they gave him heart massage for about two minutes in the operating theatre before bringing him back up and putting him in the intensive care ward, where he still is now. There doesn't seem to be any brain or kidney damage caused by whatever happened, he still recognizes my mum, but the doctors aren't sure what caused the reaction (he's had lots of these type of operations without anything like this happening, both of his hips and knees are artificial) and they need to work out how to go about solving his problem (whether they should attempt surgery again), and if so, using what precautions. He's still in his same pain, and a bit distressed at what happened to him.

Please pray for healing for him, and insight and wisdom for the doctors.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Ben, being in my 70s and beginning to notice hip pain, my prayers will have a special meaning for me.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Ben
        3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Thanks, guys.

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

A Hope That Burns

Comment

What is family for?
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

sorry for the delayed update:

He's back home was only in ITU for a couple of days, they suspected a drug-drug interaction contributed to the problem, and they also found a slight blip in his heart rhythm. He's going to see the cardiologist tomorrow to see what they can do about that and how to approach attempting surgery, it's the same guy that helped my mum with a heart problem she had a couple of years back, so it's someone they know and trust. His artificial hip has now become fixed in the wrong place, so he's unable to put any weight on that leg and will need to be on crutches to move around until the next attempt at surgery, so he is really keen on another attempt being made.

A Hope That Burns

Comment