Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Family troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family troubles

Ok. I'm not usually one to go asking for help, but if there was ever a time...

First of all, a praise. My daughter and grand daughter moved here in June, so I have all my kids and grands with me now.

Now-- I'm not sure where to start so I'll just make a list.

1) I need a job. Out of work since May and no unemployment.
    2) Daughter needs a job. She still has some money coming in right now, but not really enough.
    3)There is a strong possibility that my son will lose his son (almost 4 y/o), at least for awhile. Fortunately my daughter is here and has the room and willingness to take him. Son has MS, wife is out of the picture, and the situation is bad with no way to currently get him out.

I feel like we're being tossed bread crumbs, just enough to keep going, but I'd really like a solution. My own prayers are beginning to fray around the edges if that makes any sense.

4) Just one more thing. I've had DJ staying with me this week, and bless his heart he's been waking me up at 6:30 in the morning. Afternoon preschool doesn't leave time for naps, and he fell asleep around 6:30 this evening. I don't even want to think about what time he'll be awake in the morning.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

ing
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

ing

Can you freelance while you're looking?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I started looking into it, but then the whole son/grandson thing opened up and all I've been able to do is answer ads and fill out apps on line. I have to paperwork all ready to go for a couple of the temp agencies in town. I'll be able to take that in next week when my daughter takes DJ over for the week. I've had some interviews, but I'm "overqualified" and they're looking for some young punk fresh out of college that will work for less.
        Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

A quick update-- we are considering my daughter taking a guardianship for DJ. That will give my son a chance to get him back if he gets things straightened out. And I have an interview tomorrow. It's only part time, but it will be some income, and an opportunity. Wish me luck!!

Comment

ing

Comment

Comment

We need a 'fingers crossed' smilie...
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

I had an interview yesterday for a full time job. They sent me for the pre-employment drug test, (easy A there ), but haven't told for 100 % sure that I got the job. I'm assuming that they're waiting for the test results but they'll have to call me today or tomorrow if they want me to be in the next training class which starts Monday. So hopefully there's one hurdle leaped. The other biggie--my son has agreed for my daughter to take guardianship of my grandson. Now to find a lawyer. Fortunately my mother "knows people" and has already set wheels in motion.

Comment

ing moreta

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment