Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Stuck Spiritually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    This past weekend, we had 3 of 5 of us sick, so we didn't go for fear of infecting the church.
    This is encouraging. I hope this works out for you, OR, God has something even better!

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Do tell.
    It's not a divine revelation thing, or anything spectacular like that. Just perseverence and willingness to not expect perfection. I posted in the mod area (and you'd know if you came back on staff )

Originally posted by BTC
    We attended a church yesterday that is literally a half-mile from my new place. It is really different. It's a "satellite church" of one of the megachurches here. There are about 30-40 people there, they do their own P&W, offering, and announcements, but the actual sermon is streamed from the main campus. It was actually pretty nice. Hopefully, we can finally settle into a church home. It's been years since I've had this much hope.
    Originally posted by BTC
    Week 2 was just as good. Girls got to go this weekend, since they weren't working. Both said that was the first time in a long time that a preacher held their attention for the whole sermon.
    This past weekend, we had 3 of 5 of us sick, so we didn't go for fear of infecting the church.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    That has been my conclusion too, and I think we may have found one in a rather interesting way.
    Do tell.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    I have really come to the conclusion that I need to find a church home.
    That has been my conclusion too, and I think we may have found one in a rather interesting way.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied

God really can use you right where you are. Sometimes in ways you might not even know about.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Thanks for caring.

Still stuck in the mud.

I have really come to the conclusion that I need to find a church home. I'm working up a post on that which I hope to post soon. I just wish I didn't live in a pagan h*ll. I have really come to conclusion, I don't have to go to the mission field, the mission field has come to me.
    I believe that's exactly what you need, TM... you need fellowship and encouragement. I wish my Church were in your area, or you were in my area. I would love for you to meet my people and see how loving and encouraging they are.

Leave a comment:

• Thoughtful Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This has been on my mind.

Anything new here?
    Thanks for caring.

Still stuck in the mud.

I have really come to the conclusion that I need to find a church home. I'm working up a post on that which I hope to post soon. I just wish I didn't live in a pagan h*ll. I have really come to conclusion, I don't have to go to the mission field, the mission field has come to me.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I have been stuck spiritually for about a year now. I want God's guidance on how He wants me to change my life to better serve and glorify Him. Also, wisdom on how to talk to my wife about this as His will becomes clearer.

Thanks.
    This has been on my mind.

Anything new here?

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied

Due to TWeb not working like it used to, I don't always notice posts I haven't read. Sorry I didn't get this in here earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Andius View Post
    What on Earth do you mean, "Stuck Spiritually?".
    I don't think you can really understand what this means until you've been there, Andius. No offense intended. It's quite debilitating.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    I have been stuck spiritually for about a year now. I want God's guidance on how He wants me to change my life to better serve and glorify Him. Also, wisdom on how to talk to my wife about this as His will becomes clearer.

Thanks.
    I'm there too, bro. As I posted in one of the first threads here, this song by 10th Ave North sums up where I am right now...

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    This area at least has some gained in clarity for me. I need to do more than what I do.

Caveat: I still am looking for a place that specifically will minister to me. I do not experience the phrase "I get more out of volunteering than I put into it." I do the volunteering and more often than not I feel drained at the end instead of uplifted.
    If we're volunteering for what we get out of it, we're not doing it right. Consider the drained feeling to be a sacrifice for the sake of Jesus Christ.

Leave a comment:

• Thoughtful Monk
    replied
    "Spiritually Stuck" means I am not growing in the likeness and image of Christ. (2 Peter 3:18). It is said that: that which is not growing is dying so it means my soul and relationship with God is dying. Maybe put in a less extreme way, I am a seed being choked by the weeds. Right now I do not see a way out.

I do not expect the Holy Spirit to guide me every minute of the day - however at this moment the direction is not discernable before my eyes. That is why I need prayer.

Leave a comment:

• Thoughtful Monk
    replied
    This area at least has some gained in clarity for me. I need to do more than what I do.

Caveat: I still am looking for a place that specifically will minister to me. I do not experience the phrase "I get more out of volunteering than I put into it." I do the volunteering and more often than not I feel drained at the end instead of uplifted.

Leave a comment:

• Thoughtful Monk
    replied
    Regretfully, no. Finding a church that ministers to both my wife and me is a challenge. In the last two we regularly attended, one was good for her and starved me spiritually and the other really ministered to me but did nothing for my wife.

Leave a comment: