Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated

In a lot of ways things are improving - except financially. I started two businesses but one's not bringing in as much as I need and the other isn't doing anything at all right now (scarves don't sell well in summer - go figure). I need to get a second job but I don't know what to do - I haven't put in for the one at church yet but I will (assuming it's not filled). I just can't keep going on this way and there's no quick fix.

Pay day isn't until next Friday and I need stuff now. I'm tired of the uncertainty. It's hard not to get scared sometimes - although I'm doing better about that, too (praise God).

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Things will get better Teal. He's a good God.

Jeremiah 29:11 NLT:
    For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
    Last edited by LostSheep; 07-25-2014, 07:32 PM.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Thanks
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Thanks, TS!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Doing better today. I bought the things I had to have - and got a pleasant surprise when a coupon I didn't think would work did and I got three extra cans of cat food for the same price. I'm still almost broke now but at least I got most of what I'll need until Friday.

Tomorrow is supposed to be very hot. I don't have AC but I won't be home much (Sunday is a busy day for me). The kitties will be. I'm planning to come home after lunch and bathe the babies to keep them cool for the afternoon. Still, they are projecting a heat advisory...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Well, Sunday was hot but all the kitties made it fine. I got a ton done in the yard - and still having leg cramps from it... Spent more than I intended for supper - but not as bad as it could have been.

It's cooling down now. We didn't get rain but the cold front is bring the temps down nicely.

God is great.

The job at the church has been filled - sorta. It was probably off the market by the time I got serious so my ineptitude wasn't to blame - for once. Water aerobics is slowing down again and I don't really know why. I advertise and people take flyers and tags but very few comparatively ever come. I can't count on more than four by the first of the month and that's no where near what I need it to be. So now I start looking for second job...

I have no idea where to look beyond the min wage stuff. That's fine except I'm nearly fifty and live in a college town. Competitive, I ain't.

I'll borrow a camera (like I should have - sorry, IC_) and get back to work on my scarf site (link below - yes the pics stink, hence the need for a different camera). Fall is coming so I should be able to sell a few...

Started a novella on my blog - need to link it to my Adsense, I suppose. Yeah, that's mostly for me - but since I feel like doing it I might as well see if it helps. It ain't gonna hurt...

I'm still losing weight. My ENT goes to my church and he complimented me on it Sunday. I kinda have the feeling it's God's way of saying it's time to move on - but to where? The last time I was this small was just before I moved here, 6 years ago. That was hard won; this is likely longer lasting, though.

Whatever, I'm through yakking now. I just need to talk sometimes - and this helps.

Regardless, I will trust God. He's the same God that fixed me when I was in agony: He can handle this. He never promised everything would go my way so it's stupid to be upset with Him when it doesn't. He's still my Hod and I will love Him even when it hurts and I don't really understand. Or, as in this case, I do understand, wish it weren't my fault and would rather skip the hurting part. Whichever, He's God, I'm not and everyone should be thankful for that last part.

God is great!

Later, gang!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

Thanks, Cere.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I didn't have enough sense to ask permission so I won't be mentioning names/details but I do have a praise report. Today someone graciously helped me out - a lot. I'm extremely grateful, both to that person and to God.

Ya know, we really don't have a smilie that covers this - joy and gratitude are a bit much for a smilie, I suppose...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

"I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Thanks, KG!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

And then I go and muck up my checking account!!!

I can fix it - painful but not deadly. I just hate that I am such a moron especially after so many people have been so kind to me.

I'm determined to get it straightened out and by September things should be much better.

Still looking for second job, though...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            I didn't have enough sense to ask permission so I won't be mentioning names/details but I do have a praise report. Today someone graciously helped me out - a lot. I'm extremely grateful, both to that person and to God.

Ya know, we really don't have a smilie that covers this - joy and gratitude are a bit much for a smilie, I suppose...
                            Somehow I missed this post from a couple of day ago, but in any case

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Thanks, LS

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment