Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

My Neurologist is Quitiing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Neurologist is Quitiing.

My neurologist, the only one who has reliably treated my RSD*, is stopping his practice. I'll be getting one more appointment with him before he does so, but this could potentially be really, really bad. We definitely need prayer on this.

*That is still able to practice. The last one now has alzheimer's.

-ing Cereb

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Praying
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Will he be recommending another doctor?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

My brother-in-law is a retired neurologist. The practice of neurology, with its difficult diagnoses and the need to follow patients and their subtle responses to complicated medications, has not fared well in the managed care environment. The American Academy of Neurology has a helpful tool for finding other neurologists in your region:

http://patients.aan.com/findaneurologist/

Good luck and prayers!
          Last edited by robrecht; 07-21-2014, 12:12 PM.
          βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
          ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Will he be recommending another doctor?
              That's one of the things that bothers me, the doctor he is recommending to others, is, well not a good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                That's one of the things that bothers me, the doctor he is recommending to others, is, well not a good guy.
                Tell him of your reservations and ask for a list of other doctors including what he thinks their strong and weak points are. Not sure if he'll be willing to do so (maybe more likely now that he's retiring) but it's worth a shot.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Tell him of your reservations and ask for a list of other doctors including what he thinks their strong and weak points are. Not sure if he'll be willing to do so (maybe more likely now that he's retiring) but it's worth a shot.
                  I second rogue's suggestion here.
                  3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

It doesn't seem to have done any good. We do have one last appointment before he moves. We'll try to figure something out in the meantime.

Comment

Get a copy of your chart. Pay for it if you have to, but get it.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        Get a copy of your chart. Pay for it if you have to, but get it.
                        Yeah, that's already on the to-do list.

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

It turns out my treatments can be done by my general practitioner, and he has agreed to do them.

Comment