Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Wifey on missions trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wifey on missions trip

Don't know why I haven't posted this yet. My wife (of 12 years) has headed off to Romania of all places. Pathways to Joy Ministries. 10 day trip to help out minister to orphans and gypsies. She's currently enroute. Have to say, I'm kinda sad, it will be the longest we have been apart since marriage--and even then, prior to marriage--so it's a bit rough at the moment.

I know she's in good hands. But still. I'm kinda sad.
    No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

-ing for her safety and success

Godspeed
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

ing

And for you, too.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Heard from her yet?
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Yes, she has sent a couple emails. 7 hours difference.

They had a 2.5hr delay at a border; someone's passport didn't get the proper stamp or something. Let's see, we went to the church for the sendoff at 3:15pm yesterday, left for Logan at 4pm, and I dropped them off at 6pm (I got home at 8pm; typical weekend--hour commute to work, hour home then another four hours of driving--I was a bit tired myself). Their flight was at 9:45pm, and they... went to Zurich, then Budapest, and I didn't catch the times they got there. But her last email to me was at 4:30pm today (our time), indicating they finally made it to where they are staying, and that she was finally headed off to bed. So, basically a full day of traveling. Ouch.
            No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Wow. Yeah.
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment