Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

My Dog Rachel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dog Rachel

She's sick and I can't take her to the vet. She is still eating and drinking but she is not feeling good.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Teal, when it rains it pours.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

She'll pull through.

Comment

Comment

I like her name.

Comment

Thanks, everyone.

She's doing better today - she still isn't well but she is eating (mostly), keeping it down (mostly) and drinking (anything in sight). She's weak but getting around on her own - even got on the doghouse on her own initiative.

The vomiting wasn't her whole meal and probably because she drank so much afterwards. Considering that she got into something icky before I could stop her, it was probably for the best.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks, Cere.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Rachel died this afternoon.

She was very ill last night and I wasn't sure she'd be alive this morning. She'd gone off her feed and I'd only gotten a little food, milk and pediasure into her. But this morning she was alert and even sat up, although still weak and not eating (by herself) she did seem better. I fed her a can of cat food (more gravy and easier to get into her). She kept it down.

I was afraid it would be too hot and cam straight home from church (I was speaking in another town so that took an hour). She was still alert but had vomited part of her feed when I got down there to feed her again. I got more pediasure in her and a bottle of baby food and danged if she didn't sit up and pay attention to things. She really seemed better. I decided money or no, I'd take her to the vet in the morning.

She got wet when I was cleaning the other kennel - she'd gotten off of her doghouse by herself and gone inside (no floor) and the water ran under it. She got mostly out and I wet her down a bit since it's 95F here. I went back in with her and put her back on the house (she liked that) when she started urinating and went into a spasm. It was over in under a minute.

She wasn't a bad dog - just never had been worked with enough. Easy to handle and affectionate, she had a really sweet temper - as long as you were human (anything else was 'lunch' in her book). I'm gonna miss her.

I'll bury her tonight when it's cool enough. I could clean the kennel because it was so well shaded but her grave will be in the sun by Buddy and Cream.

Bye, Rachel. You were a good girl.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thanks. I can't believe she's gone even though I kinda expected it this morning.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment