Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Not Where I Should be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Where I Should be

Not spiritually nor financially - things are looking good on some fronts and bad on others. I just need to hang in there and quit being anxious - He's still God, after all! But I'm finding it hard to do and I'm really tired of struggling so much financially. Heck, I'm just tired.

I'm in better health than I have been in years, work is going better (eh, better than it was isn't actually good but it is an improvement) and I'm making progress on some stuff at home (AC unfortunately not being one of those things). Candidacy is probably not going to work out well this year - I can't afford all the money it's going to cost right now (and I do mean right now - I have to send a check next week). But I'm decorating for VBS this week-end and so far it's gonna look great (I just hope people show up to help tomorrow!). I have two businesses, one that even brings in a little money (scarves aren't big sellers in the summer, oddly enough) and I've been working hard on both. I'm back to reading Scripture daily - I'd missed that.

Positives out weight the negatives but I still feel bad. Maybe it's my sinus' - or just me. Sigh...

Anyway, I don't have anyone to really talk to right now so I appreciate y'all listening to me ramble (or grumble, depending on your POV). I just need the strength to hang in there - and to quit worrying like an idiot. Can't change my hair color doing that so what good is it, anyway?

Thanks, everyone!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

"It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Sweet girl, you got my prayers.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Thanks Mossy.

Thanks, OBP.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

Don't worry about "grumbling." We're all here for you and you're in our prayers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

TWO things.....

A)
                    2)
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We still love you Teal.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Comment

May God bless you!

PS: Teal coloed hair probably is not a good idea anyway.
                          βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                          ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Comment

Hope you get better Teal.
                              -The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine.
                              Sir James Jeans

-This most beautiful system (The Universe) could only proceed from the dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.All variety of created objects which represent order and Life in the Universe could happen only by the willful reasoning of its original Creator, whom I call the Lord God.
                              Sir Isaac Newton

Comment