Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Prayers requests for family and friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers requests for family and friends

Requesting prayers for my dad and a dear friend. My dad is clinging to a very bad church (for sentimental reasons), and is causing serious spiritual problems amongst the family, even though he refuses to admit he's wrong. Also, a very dear friend of mine is having nasty emotional issues right now that could lead him down a very bad path.

I don't want to get too specific, lest I break some people's trust, but the situations are becoming extremely desperate, and I would appreciate your prayers.

Thank you.

Lord, have mercy!
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

You got it.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Things look like they are on the road to improvement, but not quite out of the fire yet. Thank ya'll for ya'lls prayers.

Comment

Comment

Spoke too hastily. Both are making a beeline right back to their sin. Doesn't help that my family and many of my friends are known for stubbornness and a refusal to listen to anyone. Thank ya'll for the prayers.

Comment

I did indeed speak too hastily. I'm still speaking a little early, but I cannot perceive any possible good ending short of a divine miracle.

My dad has "officially" decided to stay the the horrible church he is going too (essentially, for social reasons and nostalgia), dragging my youngest sister along and threatening my mother with divorce (!) if she doesn't follow his leadership. And he still blames everyone else but himself for everyone refusing to listen to him. My youngest sister will probably only continue to deteriorate and grow more selfish, and, because of the divorce comment, I am angrier with my father than I've ever been with anyone or anything in my entire life. If he ever did go through with it (I doubt, since my mom is going to preserve the marriage, but she knows she is growing bitter about it), I'm not sure I'd ever be able to speak with him without wanting to yell or feeling guilty for saying nothing.

Meanwhile, my friend is basically listening to the poisoned advice of his parents and his own stubbornness and may very well lose a very good job, just like he's all ready lost some close friends. I doubt he'll be able to get as good a job for a very, very long time, not just cause of the especially horrible job market in this city. His father probably wants to sue for "psychological damage" (or something) to his child, which will only result in further humiliation for my friend and his entire family.

I feel very powerless right now, especially since I'm not very good talking with people. I can only pray and try to do my best (which isn't very much), and both of those are very slow work, work that I'm not sure I can see any fruit of right now.

Still, thank ya'll for the prayers.

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Good news, bad news time.

Bad news is that my friend has lost his job, thanks to his poor attitude. I know of nothing I can do for him other than pray, and I fear worse things could still come on him. If ya'll could, please keep him in your prayers.

The good news is that my dad has finally decided to quit the awful church he was going to. Most immediately thanks to getting constant reports of the bad youth group that the youngest was a part of. Hearing that one of her newest friends had older brothers who were in jail for dealing drugs probably helped push him to making this decision. My dad, mom, and youngest sister are currently hunting for another church to attend, since two of them don't want to go to the non-denominational that some of my other sisters are attending. I'll still pray that they attend a good church, and thank you all for your prayers in this regard.

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment