Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Hurricane Laura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    We were hit by Hurricane Ike - giant oak tree landed on my roof, many tree limbs down, and without power for 14 days, but that's pretty much my extent of "being in a hurricane".

I was actually in Patterson Louisiana the day before Hurricane Katrina came ashore, and I remember our pilot coming into the field office saying, "we need to be wheels up in 20 minutes - there's a big storm headed for us".

Wow - what an understatement!!!
    I remember ya mentioning that. Have you ever seen 15 inches of rain in 5 hours? Or the aftermath? Every vehicle was underwater except my motorcycle, and that was on a dry patch because three of us shoved it up to high ground through the flood waters after the rain stopped. The whole world contracted to the block or two that was visible from the rooftop.

It was two weeks before I could make it to the US 1, and to reconnoiter I had to siphon gas for it out of the truck because the nearby gas stations had gas, but no electricity to pump it. About a week later I managed to get down the road to the Naranja branch of the Miami Public Library, and found out about the number she did on New Orleans.

I'm near certain the worst hit areas on the Louisiana coast can't even get word out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
      I remember ya mentioning that. Have you ever seen 15 inches of rain in 5 hours? Or the aftermath?
      Yes - was that Rita, or.... downtown Houston flooded, hospitals were put out of commission because all their backup generators and switchgear were in the parking garages below the water.

Every vehicle was underwater except my motorcycle, and that was on a dry patch because three of us shoved it up to high ground through the flood waters after the rain stopped. The whole world contracted to the block or two that was visible from the rooftop.

It was two weeks before I could make it to the US 1, and to reconnoiter I had to siphon gas for it out of the truck because the nearby gas stations had gas, but no electricity to pump it. About a week later I managed to get down the road to the Naranja branch of the Miami Public Library, and found out about the number she did on New Orleans.

I'm near certain the worst hit areas on the Louisiana coast can't even get word out yet.
      Agreed.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ok....it looks like the double hurricane event didn't happen as expected.

I saw something saying there was a petition to have Laura's name changed to Polo.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Prayers for those effected.

Comment