Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Job Interview tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Interview tomorrow

Tomorrow between 3pm and 4pm CDT, I have the final round of interview(s) for a position I really want. It's the technical lead for the IT dept at a local Hospital that is part of a bigger group of Hospitals. (Texas Presbyterian among others). After the second round they asked me my salary requirements (which I thought was a good sign). I gave them a number that will be a HUGE increase in pay for me. (approx. 50% increase)...they didn't even blink, and promptly scheduled me for the final round. I just found out however that there are just 3 of us, but 2 of them are already working there at the Hosp. I don't know how well I can stack up against "inside guys", my only hope as I see it is that they want to hire outside instead of promoting from within. Certainly possible...but if they really looking to promote from within, I have a much harder task. I would certainly appreciate your prayers.

Thanks!!!
    LJ
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

You got it, bro.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

What Jed said. Still ing though.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
              -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              I support the :
              sigpic

Comment

Comment

Hope it's going great!
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Results, Littlejoe.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Well, what was supposed to be an hour long interview went about 1-1/2 hours. I think I did really well. Knew all the technical questions cold. They even said they were skipping some because it was obvious I already knew the answers. BUT, when I asked for the job and feedback, I got a little kabuki dancing...hard to tell if I was good enough to beat out the inside guys. I found out only one of them works at this hospital, the other is at a different hospital that isn't local. The 3 interviewers were all guys who had just moved up because the Director of IT for this hospital is moving to a different location. To me, that doesn't bode well for my chances to get the job from these guys co-worker. Also, I don't like to be the first guy interviewed, by the time they get to #3, I may be fading from memory...

Thank all of you for praying, it certainly helped! (and the decisions not made yet...)

LJ
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Don't forget to send a thank you and to follow up with them.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                          Well, what was supposed to be an hour long interview went about 1-1/2 hours. I think I did really well. Knew all the technical questions cold. They even said they were skipping some because it was obvious I already knew the answers. BUT, when I asked for the job and feedback, I got a little kabuki dancing...hard to tell if I was good enough to beat out the inside guys. I found out only one of them works at this hospital, the other is at a different hospital that isn't local. The 3 interviewers were all guys who had just moved up because the Director of IT for this hospital is moving to a different location. To me, that doesn't bode well for my chances to get the job from these guys co-worker. Also, I don't like to be the first guy interviewed, by the time they get to #3, I may be fading from memory...

Thank all of you for praying, it certainly helped! (and the decisions not made yet...)

LJ
                          Thanks for the update -- ing!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

ing
                            3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Prayed for you. I hope you get this thing.

Comment