Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Yesterday was 21 years for me and Mrs. the Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday was 21 years for me and Mrs. the Cat

I found this from last year on the wayback machine and wanted to get it posted in the new forum:

Originally posted by Bill the Cat
    Twenty years ago today, I married my best friend. I know how cliche that sounds, but what can I say? How can I describe what she means to me with such simple things as words on a page, which lack emotion and depth? She makes my rough days manageable and my good days worth sharing. She is my smile. She is my heart. She is the gift from my God as proof that He is merciful, loving, and a rewarder of those that seek Him. She is proof that true love is not dead, that sacrifice and teamwork are still valuable. I look around at my childrens' friends and see so many that are having to split time between parents that are no longer together and I am reminded at just how much work a marriage is. But it is joyous work when you have a partner like my Deanna. We haven't had very many times where we weren't struggling, whether financially, in time-management, because of stubbornness, or even spiritually, but there is no other person in this whole world that I'd rather have gone through that stuff with. These past twenty years have shown me that life and love are not about the "spark", but about the level of honor we each give to the vows we made to each other in 1993, and just how stubborn you have to be at times to remain a man or woman of your word. I fall way short of the man she deserves far too often, so I am thankful that she still accepts me, flaws and all... I am reminded today of the vows we made to each other and how often they have come into play since we said them. I believe that if a couple keeps their vows above life's circumstances, the vows will win out and circumstances will come and go. It takes two people with that same attitude to make a marriage work, and I believe I have a wife that God is proud of. I just hope He is still proud of me despite the many times I have fallen short of those simple words - "To love, honor, and cherish"

I love you Mrs. the Cat. "Till death do us part"
    Another year has passed, and I love her even more!
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Congratulations, Bill!

And condolences, Mrs Bill!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Congrats Bill!!!

Happy Marriages are great!!
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well done, Bill and Mrs. The Cat!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Comment

But...I thought "the" was your middle name.

Way to go!
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Yeah!
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment