Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Prayer for Sparko's heart surgery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This from last evening.

Tonight they woke up Sparky more. He asked for [a particular person] and me so we went to see him. He was able to communicate with us through notes and hand gestures. Of course he is uncomfortable and anxious to get the wires and tubes removed. But he is strong of spirit. I will update more tomorrow.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

He is still on a ventilator and still has his feeding and drainage tubes in place. He is on 40 percent oxygen on his ventilator. They may try to lower it this afternoon and see how he does. It depends on his vitals. He is awake and is communicating by notes but the meds don't help him write and it is sometimes a guessing game as to what he wrote.
      He did write that he feels like he is in the movie Groundhog Day because everyday is the same.
      He'll be ok!

And this from about 20 minutes ago.

They gave John a breathing treatment about an hour ago and he seems to be sleeping pretty good right now.
      Last edited by mossrose; 10-04-2019, 08:42 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

It must be tough holding a pen in a hook.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

This is the only update we've had today.

He's still on the ventilator and in ICU.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

From about 3 hours ago:

Sparky is doing better this morning then he has been as far as his vitals. They are still keeping him asleep so he can rest and not be stressed.

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    This is the only update we've had today.

He's still on the ventilator and in ICU.

Comment

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Today:

Sparky's liver, heart, and other organs are doing great. The concern is his kidneys and lungs but that's to be expected he said because of the immune suppression drugs he has been on from his liver transplant a few years ago. He kind of hinted it may be time for a trach. But I have not talked to ICU docs yet today.

2 ICU Docs just finished their exam. Dr. said he seems to be doing much better. The plan is to work on the pneumonia for the next couple of days. Then it will be time to either try extribating him or think about a tracheotomy. She seems optimistic that he will continue getting better as they fight the pneumonia and they will be able to get him off the vent.

The plan for the rest of the day is to just keep him asleep and let him rest and get stronger.

Edit to add: I wonder if he meant "extubate", cuz I don't know what extribating is.............
                        Last edited by mossrose; 10-07-2019, 07:27 PM.

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Looks like they are going to the tracheotomy. Maybe today. They can do it bedside. They say once that is working well he will be able to be awake more and eventually be able to talk and eat. As he improves the trach tube will get smaller eventually allowing him to eat and talk. Then be removed all together His stomach is having trouble emptying so they are probably switching to a NG. tube in his nose that will put food directly into intestines. But with that all done they will be able to remove a lot of the stuff attached to his face and his stomach feeding tube so he will be much more comfortable

He's having quite a time of it, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

He's having quite a time of it, for sure.

ing

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment