Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Liberation Theology Destroys Local Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Even as I drive by his "church" (a stone building that was formerly a middle school) I see signs of decay - the building in so many ways seems to be crumbling into obscurity - as is his ministry.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The pastor passed away this week.

His obituary elevates him as founder of the church, overseer, Dr (I don't believe he had a doctorate) and founder of many community programs (I can't think of a single one).
        He seemed quite alone in his death, for which I am sad. My daughter was his hospice nurse, and said he spoke very fondly of me, like we were best friends.
        Sadly, it is he who "threw me under the bus" by ranting about "the white churches in town" who have "turned their backs" on him. I never did.

Just sad all the way around. And I wonder what will become of his Church, because HE was, in essence, "the church", and they were in deep financial trouble for the last few years.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment