Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

My Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mom

My mom would be having surgery in May to have a part of her colon removed. She has diverticulitis, and one of the pockets in her intestine burst and attached to her bladder.

Also a friend of mine on facebooks' father is in the hospital for heart failure.
    Last edited by Christy; 04-25-2014, 11:28 PM.

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

My mom suffered from that. Ended up in the hospital three times over ten years. Quite painful.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks. My mom just went to have surgery. My dad is freaking out about it, guys at his work have told him horror stories about people who have had the surgery. I think it would take about 4-5 hours.

Comment

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Thank you. I visited my mom earlier. She was still in the ICU getting a blood transfusion because her blood pressure was low. They moved her to a room now, and I just called her. My dad said she felt hot earlier, but she's saying she's doing okay. She's still really drowsy. My dad's still worrying, saying "She's not out of the woods yet," to me earlier before we visited her, and about the fact that he thought she felt hot earlier. He went to work though.

My friend from Facebook's dad had a blocked artery and in his lower leg and they had to clean it out. He has diabetes and they're afraid that he'll have to have an amputation.
                    Last edited by Christy; 05-08-2014, 05:35 PM.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

My mom came home from the hospital today. My friend on Facebook said that her dad's getting out today. Thanks everybody.
                        Last edited by Christy; 05-16-2014, 12:51 PM.

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Great to hear, thanks for updating us!
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

My mom is back in the hospital. She's been in a lot of pain and they found blockage. They're going to try sticking something up there to see if it helps and if that doesn't work she'll have to get surgery.

Comment