Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

It has been a really rough week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has been a really rough week

I've heard nothing from the firm I interviewed at, which has been depressing. I wrote a follow-up email yesterday so maybe Monday I'll hear something, but I'm not optimistic at this point.

My back/hip decided to go out the other day, making both sitting and standing painful. Laying down is a mixed bag, though with a heating pad it is tolerable. Walking is actually not bad at this point (it was nigh impossible when it first happened). I had this happen last year and I know with rest and heat it will go back to normal slowly, but with the cold weather it's harder to manage.

We have bed bugs. We've been getting bites for a while but when I tore apart the bed I couldn't find anything except a suspicious blood smear once. I finally was able to kill a few and save their bodies to show the apartment manager. Fortunately for us, they already had an exterminator on the schedule for Wednesday for routine maintenance and with the bagged bugs we should be able to skip inspection and go straight to treatment. We've gotten protectors for our mattress and box spring and I've done a lot of laundry. I'm at least relieved that someone will finally be handling it.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Grace to you! Grace and healing...
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
        Grace to you! Grace and healing...
        gentle

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If you are in an apartment, they need to exterminate the whole building. The bugs will just move to another apartment and then back to yours. And you need to wash everything you own in hot water.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            If you are in an apartment, they need to exterminate the whole building. The bugs will just move to another apartment and then back to yours. And you need to wash everything you own in hot water.
            No, I need to follow the PCO protocol provided to me. Different exterminators have different methods and washing all possessions is no longer the standard (and is generally overkill unless there is evidence otherwise). Our apartment's PCO clearly states not to do more than on the list because theirs is minimal for a reason. It's possible/likely that their reasons include being able to make a more accurate determination of where it is coming from and using nonchemical methods which are actually more effective with things left in their place unless it's really necessary to clean them. All dirty laundry and linens have been/are being washed and/or dried (and bagged as needed).

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
            Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Update: they will be checking next door

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

look into diatomaceous earth. it's a white powder that is completely safe (they make toothpaste out of it) that you can spread around baseboards, mattresses, under couch cushions or any other place bedbugs might hide (or any other insects). The powder gets into their exoskeleton joints and acts like sandpaper tearing them open and drying them out. I use it to keep ants out of my kitchen by putting some along the door frame and window sills and under the sink. It looks like talcum powder.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  look into diatomaceous earth. it's a white powder that is completely safe (they make toothpaste out of it) that you can spread around baseboards, mattresses, under couch cushions or any other place bedbugs might hide (or any other insects). The powder gets into their exoskeleton joints and acts like sandpaper tearing them open and drying them out. I use it to keep ants out of my kitchen by putting some along the door frame and window sills and under the sink. It looks like talcum powder.
                  I know about DE. I have obsessive compulsive tendencies so I have read everything about this. DE is definitely a good powder, but the new most popular is Cimexa, which works similarly and has had excellent results. I will not look into placing down anything until the terminator has done his thing (in process right now) and gives us next steps.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

On the job front, I still haven't heard anything, positive or negative from the place I interviewed with. My career advisor said unfortunately this is completely normal, but they have seen long bouts of silence result in an offer, not just rejection. A family member who works in the area as a personal trainer has been able to put me in contact with several attorneys who are apparently very eager to find something for me, so that makes me more optimistic. Even if there is nothing for the summer, I now have good contacts for after graduation. My career advisor said I'm pretty much doing everything right, and that if I want to invest more time in network outreach then I can but it's not necessary and to concentrate on my health first.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment