Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Stress, stress, and even more stress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress, stress, and even more stress.

When it rains, it pours.
    Everything is just piling up on me right now.
    I am supposed to be leaving in June to spend a few months with Rational Gaze so we can at least be together for our first wedding anniversary, but due to some financial stuff that came up, it is starting to look iffy as to whether I can go now. In July it will have been a year since we saw each other last. (Yes, we have spent our whole first year of marriage living on different continents.)
    There is a lot of other stressful stuff going on, mostly involving my jobs and family.
    The light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be an oncoming train. Of course.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

I am so sorry.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Lord, have mercy.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I'm sorry Quanta. I understand how it's like to be away from your spouse for an extended amount of time, so best of luck to you both.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

OK, an update. We are spending the summer together after all. The IRS actually deposited my tax refund two months before they said they were going to. Plus, I found that if I depart from the airport in the next city over from where I live instead of the airport a few miles down the road, it's about half the price. My family will be spending the day in that city anyway and can drop me off that morning.

We'll see each other in three weeks! Having a solid date to look forward to makes being seperated so much easier. It's hard when you have no idea how much longer it will be before being reunited.

Thanks for all the prayers.

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Great news!
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I heard a rumor once that if you make a baby it makes it easier for the two of you to go one place or the other

A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Comment

Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I am leaving Friday morning. I hate flying, and it's been a long time since I've made this flight. I just don't like to fly. That alone has me a nervous wreck. But, we will be together at last and I will finally get to relax a bit instead of working every day.

Thanks for all the prayers and support.

Comment