Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

FB message on the marine's wife's wall ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
    Danke.

My little sis was a professional trainer, and always said training the dogs was the easy part. Libby's got this habit of wrapping the leash around her hand.

I'm only betting against her because there's not even a tiny chance she'll be home on Thursday.
    Ah...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I was deliberately vague.

The reason I was rousted out without letting on to Kenny was because she couldn't walk, and she couldn't walk because of a fall the night before. And the fall the night before was because she'd decided to walk Rocky, the 150 lb Rottweiler that dropped her last month lunging after stranger danger, doing it again.

Last month's fall wrecked her hand. Four surgeries later there was an agreement that all dog walking would be done by the kid, or the marine, or just about anybody so long as that anybody was certainly not her. Hence the harsh words from Kenny when I let him know she was heading for the hospital.

When I got eyes on her, it was immediately clear a ride to the ER sitting up in the car was not a good idea, so we called for an ambulance. I gave them a quick medical summary when they pulled up, including her diabetes and heart issues, so they did some quick tests, and found her sugar was in the holy gee range, too, drew some blood, and politely and professionally clammed up. Hence the deliberately vague.

So we've got prognosis now, and the good news is there's no new heart news. The not so good news is she's scheduled for a full hip replacement tomorrow.

Piglet, I want to let you know that this time, southern gal or no, I'm pretty sure the marine is going to win. She's not gonna be up and cooking for Thanksgiving.
      No, getting up the next day from a hip replacement isn't happening. Diabetes can wreak all sorts of havoc too, of course. Took my mom's sight by 30, and her life at 32.

You cooking a tofu turkey for the marine?
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        No, getting up the next day from a hip replacement isn't happening. Diabetes can wreak all sorts of havoc too, of course. Took my mom's sight by 30, and her life at 32.

Western Civilization has given birth to many wonders, not least of which is this thing called "restaurant." I am, however, going to bake some Thanksgiving breads. I hear they're great for ham sandwiches.

My condolences for your mom.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Comment

Sunday night, fall.
          Monday, in hospital.
          Wednesday, new hip.
          Thursday, discharging.

I'm not sure we're prepped for that.

Comment

Wow. That's fast discharging after hip replacement.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              Wow. That's fast discharging after hip replacement.
              She's home.

I asked if dinner's gonna be around six.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

Having just had a hip replacement, getting up the next day is the new normal. I had mine replaced on Tuesday and they had me up with a lot of assistance and a walker on Wednesday. The normal is to get you back home ASAP with home therapy now.
                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

She's home.

I asked if dinner's gonna be around six.
                  Tonight was Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful for Libby, and her hip, and the way it keeps her from getting up and smacking me.

Cause it still wasn't ready by six.

Comment