Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

My grandparents got me a cross.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My grandparents got me a cross.

    It was very touching. I went in with my grandfather and got a little cross. It has the Lord's prayer on it.
    sigpic

  • #2

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      It was very touching. I went in with my grandfather and got a little cross. It has the Lord's prayer on it.
      Pictures, or it didn't happen!
      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Pictures, or it didn't happen!
        I think I can do that on my tablet.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TheWall View Post
          I think I can do that on my tablet.
          That would be great, TW!
          "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

          Comment


          • #6
            I can't seem to figure this out.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              mL-WnpxV-nUmAMwFW60UGXw.jpg

              I think I got it.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                I think I know one way to post images now.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]24523[/ATTACH]

                  I think I got it.
                  Appears you did. Nice cross, and good job!
                  "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    From Mrs. Verna Mae Thomas


                    I carry a cross in my pocket
                    A simple reminder to me
                    Of the fact that I am a Christian
                    No matter where I may be.

                    This little cross is not magic,
                    Nor is it a good luck charm
                    It isn't meant to protect me
                    From every physical harm.

                    It's not for identification
                    For all the world to see
                    It's simply an understanding
                    Between my Savior and me.

                    When I put my hand in my pocket
                    To bring out a coin or a key
                    The cross is there to remind me
                    Of the price He paid for me.

                    It reminds me, too, to be thankful
                    For my blessings day by day
                    And to strive to serve Him better
                    In all that I do and say.

                    It's also a daily reminder
                    Of the peace and comfort I share
                    With all who know my Master
                    And give themselves to His care.

                    So, I carry a cross in my pocket
                    Reminding no one but me
                    That Jesus Christ is the Lord of my life
                    If only I'll let Him be.
                    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      From Mrs. Verna Mae Thomas


                      I carry a cross in my pocket
                      A simple reminder to me
                      Of the fact that I am a Christian
                      No matter where I may be.

                      This little cross is not magic,
                      Nor is it a good luck charm
                      It isn't meant to protect me
                      From every physical harm.

                      It's not for identification
                      For all the world to see
                      It's simply an understanding
                      Between my Savior and me.

                      When I put my hand in my pocket
                      To bring out a coin or a key
                      The cross is there to remind me
                      Of the price He paid for me.

                      It reminds me, too, to be thankful
                      For my blessings day by day
                      And to strive to serve Him better
                      In all that I do and say.

                      It's also a daily reminder
                      Of the peace and comfort I share
                      With all who know my Master
                      And give themselves to His care.

                      So, I carry a cross in my pocket
                      Reminding no one but me
                      That Jesus Christ is the Lord of my life
                      If only I'll let Him be.
                      Pretty much why I and all other Orthodox Christians wear a cross. It's been blessed by a priest for protection against spiritual assault, but I wouldn't call that magic.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Pretty much why I and all other Orthodox Christians wear a cross. It's been blessed by a priest for protection against spiritual assault, but I wouldn't call that magic.
                        Mormons don't want protection from spiritual assault. (I remember when NRAJeff was explaining that Mormons won't wear a "cruciform" (my first exposure to that word) because...... what was the reason again? Because that was idolatry or "worship?)

                        I've never been into wearing jewelry other than a wedding ring, but I'm certainly not opposed to folks "wearing" a cross. I have often had the "cross in my pocket" thing going on.
                        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have this cross at home. But I don't wear it, because I never liked wearing jewelry.

                          looks neat though.

                          ab459612af5d46386e3550b5159c2f23--cross-nails-diy-jewellery.jpg

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I have this cross at home. But I don't wear it, because I never liked wearing jewelry.

                            looks neat though.

                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]24535[/ATTACH]
                            I think my grandfather has that one.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              At some point that little cross went missing. I did get a different one eventually. I dont like losing things. I have it with some of my books.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Thoughtful Monk, 12-16-2020, 02:08 PM
                              5 responses
                              36 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by DesertBerean, 11-14-2020, 03:21 PM
                              13 responses
                              91 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post DesertBerean  
                              Working...
                              X