Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

My Buckwheat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Buckwheat

    Just messaged me. She fell in gym today and might have broken her ankle. Her Dad is taking her for xrays right now.

    She is in a lot of pain. That's all I know right now. Please pray that if it's a break it is a simple one, and pray that her pain will ease.

    I'll update as I learn more.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  • #2
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Just messaged me. She fell in gym today and might have broken her ankle. Her Dad is taking her for xrays right now.

    She is in a lot of pain. That's all I know right now. Please pray that if it's a break it is a simple one, and pray that her pain will ease.

    I'll update as I learn more.
    Could also be a sprain, which can hurt just as much as many breaks, and some times take almost as long to heal.



    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Could also be a sprain, which can hurt just as much as many breaks, and some times take almost as long to heal.

      Yes. I'm praying that it's just a sprain. Her mom sprained her ankle very badly when BW was just a year old. I got lots of babysitting in then, as my daughter had to use crutches and couldn't carry BW at the same time.


      Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

      Comment


      • #4
        Back in my High School years I twisted an ankle as it went up under me sliding down a cliffside. I was pretty sure I broke it but it was a nasty sprain. Hobbled about for a few weeks and then the last week of school I skipped class or two to go with a girl over to her house (). When I went back, I jumped a short fence behind the school but landed on the side of my foot, re-twisting my still sore ankle.

        Kinda took the fun outta the first few weeks after graduating.

        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Back in my High School years I twisted an ankle as it went up under me sliding down a cliffside. I was pretty sure I broke it but it was a nasty sprain. Hobbled about for a few weeks and then the last week of school I skipped class or two to go with a girl over to her house (). When I went back, I jumped a short fence behind the school but landed on the side of my foot, re-twisting my still sore ankle.

          Kinda took the fun outta the first few weeks after graduating.
          I bet. BW's mom wrecked hers by tripping on the stairs of their house while holding BW. Thankfully the baby wasn't hurt, but her mom likely made her injury worse by protecting the baby as she fell.


          Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mossrose View Post

            I bet. BW's mom wrecked hers by tripping on the stairs of their house while holding BW. Thankfully the baby wasn't hurt, but her mom likely made her injury worse by protecting the baby as she fell.
            One of my brother's friends slipped on stairs and messed up both his arm and shoulder allowing them to take the full brunt of the fall because he was holding his infant son or daughter.

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #7
              It's a break. They are waiting to hear from an orthopedic surgeon to see if it requires surgery. It might just need a cast.


              Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

              Comment


              • #8

                If it's a sprain, then those can be pretty nasty. I don't know how I got this recent one but I've been dealing with that for quite a while now. I think it is healed, but I'm worried I'll injure it again since my feet tend to twitch horribly in my sleep. I think I'll switch to just wearing the brace at night instead of all day.

                Comment


                • #9
                  My poor Buckwheat.

                  Praying for you.
                  ~ Russell ("MelMak")

                  "[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

                  Fight spam!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So, the surgeon looked quickly at the xray, and has scheduled to meet with the kids on the 01st. I expect they need to wait for the swelling to go down a bit. He will examine the film more thoroughly in the meantime and call them if he needs to see them earlier.

                    In the meantime, crutches, a boot, and no weight at all.


                    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      So, the surgeon looked quickly at the xray, and has scheduled to meet with the kids on the 01st. I expect they need to wait for the swelling to go down a bit. He will examine the film more thoroughly in the meantime and call them if he needs to see them earlier.

                      In the meantime, crutches, a boot, and no weight at all.
                      Still don't know if they're looking at surgery.


                      Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        So, the surgeon looked quickly at the xray, and has scheduled to meet with the kids on the 01st. I expect they need to wait for the swelling to go down a bit. He will examine the film more thoroughly in the meantime and call them if he needs to see them earlier.

                        In the meantime, crutches, a boot, and no weight at all.
                        Get one of those scooters that they can bend the leg backwards and rest it on it.

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Get one of those scooters that they can bend the leg backwards and rest it on it.
                          Her parents will do what needs to be done. I'm frustrated that the surgeon doesn't want to see them for a week, but I know they will need another xray when the swelling goes down some.


                          Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mossrose View Post

                            Her parents will do what needs to be done. I'm frustrated that the surgeon doesn't want to see them for a week, but I know they will need another xray when the swelling goes down some.
                            Yeah. The swelling needs to go down so they can see things clearly.

                            I'm always still in trouble again

                            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

                              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Thoughtful Monk, 02-11-2024, 03:47 PM
                              4 responses
                              42 views
                              2 likes
                              Last Post Thoughtful Monk  
                              Started by Cow Poke, 07-18-2023, 08:27 PM
                              36 responses
                              347 views
                              4 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Working...
                              X