Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

My Sister's Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sister's Church

My sister is a member of and a leader in a United Methodist Church. The Methodist split is going on and her church appears to be pretty unanimous in leaving UMC. My sister agrees that it's time to leave UMC. Apparently, the bishop of her district has already left the UMC.

Because she is a leader, she is stressed over the process and what will happen to the congregation. I have offered that she ever wants to talk with someone outside the situation to give me a call.

Prayers for peace and strength and wisdom for her, please.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    My sister is a member of and a leader in a United Methodist Church. The Methodist split is going on and her church appears to be pretty unanimous in leaving UMC. My sister agrees that it's time to leave UMC. Apparently, the bishop of her district has already left the UMC.

Because she is a leader, she is stressed over the process and what will happen to the congregation. I have offered that she ever wants to talk with someone outside the situation to give me a call.

A difficult position to be in. Is the UMC going woke perchance?
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

A difficult position to be in. Is the UMC going woke perchance?
      It has been in the works for several years and was put off by the pandemic and yes it is largely due to intractable divisions over LGBT marriage and ordination.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Will her church be joining the Global Methodist Church?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          It has been in the works for several years and was put off by the pandemic and yes it is largely due to intractable divisions over LGBT marriage and ordination.
          In which case it is definitely a good time to pack one's bags and depart.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

The UMC's issues stretch WAY back. I vaguely recall attending a UMC before I started elementary school; my dad left because the sermons tended to revolve around the morning news rather more than scripture.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Will her church be joining the Global Methodist Church?
              I think that's the plan.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

My sister's church has officially voted to leave the UMC. I haven't yet asked but I'm assuming she will be leaving with them.

Comment