Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

TWINS on the way!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Some times one needs a bit of a reminder that life goes on.
    In rather wonderful ways.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Yuppers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I can't think of a more wonderful way to help Jenny get past the incredible disappointment at TWICE having a baby offered (Kase) then withdrawn so abruptly and cruelly.

(by the way - not sure I mentioned this, but somebody close to the Kase case recently asked Jenny "if there were a possibility of getting Kase back, would you even entertain that notion?" I was surprised when Jenny did not say 'no' - but simply - "it would have to be a very clear 'walkaway'".)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Some times one needs a bit of a reminder that life goes on.
          Or life doesn't revolve around Republicans, Democrats, OMB, Trudeau, Putin, inflation, etc.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Here is our attorney with the twins --- she called and asked if she could stop by and visit her clients.

attorney w both.jpg
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

AND.... the only time Collin cries is when I leave the house.

Comment

santa.jpg

Comment

the twins.jpg

Comment

It just keeps getting better....

The DNA test came back, and the alleged father is, indeed, the biological dad, so his consent to the adoption is valid.

The next step was a rather invasive and time consuming "home study", where Children's Services comes in and does an extensive evaluation of the house, the adopting parents, the neighbors, friends and family, financial status, support systems and all that. The judge has the option to exercise discretion and dispense with this requirement, and HE DID!!!!

The next step was a "home visit", which would just be a couple hours, but is unlikely to happen before the end of the year due to the Holidays, so the adoption wouldn't "close" in this calendar year.

Well, guess what - our attorney knew somebody who knew somebody who can do the "home visit" THIS SUNDAY after Church!!!

We're not getting our hopes up, but it's now possible that the adoption could be finalized before the end of the year!!!

IF that happens, we'll rename the babies TaxExemption1 and TaxExemption2.

Anyway - it's absolutely amazing how all this fell in place. Two months ago, none of this was even on the radar, but apparently God had a plan.

Comment

And what amazing plans He brings about into our lives!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

IF that happens, we'll rename the babies TaxExemption1 and TaxExemption2.
                        I've always said about my children that they are Sooo Deductible!
                        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

I've always said about my children that they are Sooo Deductible!
                          Especially mine - both of my children were born mid to late December, but I got to claim them for that ENTIRE YEAR!!!!

Comment

And what amazing plans He brings about into our lives!

He do!

Comment

OK, so the babies, and their mom and dad, went through COVID last week.
                              Collin was a little stuffy, Calleigh was a wee bit irritable.
                              Mom and Dad got pretty sick, but not on the same day.

Mom and Dad are all better, and the babies pretty much sailed through it, and are back to growing.

Calleigh is not gaining weight quite like Collin, so they've added some higher fat forumla.

Before COVID, I would pick up Collin, and it kinda felt like I was picking up a "stick person".
                              The other day, I picked him up, and he's like a REAL CHILD!!!

sleeping.jpg

Comment

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

February 14 - Valentine's Day - will be a day like no other! It's Jake's BIRTHDAY!!!!

AND.... it's the final court date for a judge to sign the final papers that the Twins are OURS to keep!!!!

babies.jpg

Calleigh on the left, Collin on the Right. They are on their wireless recharging station.

Comment