Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

We MAY be getting Kase Back!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It just occurred to me that this could be perceived as me indicating that TM cares more than others -- nothing like that was intended -- I appreciate all who have responded.

Didn't see it that way if that helps.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yeah I can't imagining taking in a child who needs a loving family so obviously would ever be against God's will for someone. Maybe the difficulty isn't God telling CP it's not his will, but that he wants to see how determined CP is to follow through and not give up.
      The complicator in this is watching your own daughter's heart broken numerous times over this. If it were me, you can bet I'd launch a major war campaign if needed. She had been trying for over 20 years to get pregnant, including all kinds of false hope and major disappointment, along with tremendous expense. This is not my decision - it's up to her and her husband. If they decided to fight this, I have already offered my support and financial resources. I'm fully prepared to wage war, and she's aware of that.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am going to toss my 2 cents in here. CP, I have been and will continue to pray for the situation. I am so sorry that you all are going through this particular roller coaster ride.

My first thought after reading your first post here yesterday was that perhaps God has something better for you all. Not discounting Kase's situation, which is definitely not the best thing for him.

Sometimes our "gut feelings" are there for a reason.

We had a couple in our church years ago who had no children of their own. They were going through a private adoption and ended up having the same sort of experience that you are having. The mother kept changing her mind, and demanded unlimited visitation, overnighters with the baby, and other impossible and ridiculous things. The couple, broken-hearted, finally backed away.

About a month later, the wife found out she was pregnant. They now have 2 of their own children. We've always thought that God never intended the adoption to go through, for them, because something better, for them, was coming down the road, and they were being prevented from the onerous demands of the other child's mother if they bowed to her wishes. We don't know what happened to that child, but we realized that that precious baby was in God's very capable hands.

I'm not saying any of this to discourage you and your family in any way. Nor that God has biological children planned for your daughter. Just that we need to listen to those inner warnings, that you have felt now, and not ignore what the Lord is doing.

I love you, my dear brother, and pray that God will work His will in this situation and give you a clear direction to go in.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          I am going to toss my 2 cents in here. CP, I have been and will continue to pray for the situation. I am so sorry that you all are going through this particular roller coaster ride.

My first thought after reading your first post here yesterday was that perhaps God has something better for you all. Not discounting Kase's situation, which is definitely not the best thing for him.

Sometimes our "gut feelings" are there for a reason.

We had a couple in our church years ago who had no children of their own. They were going through a private adoption and ended up having the same sort of experience that you are having. The mother kept changing her mind, and demanded unlimited visitation, overnighters with the baby, and other impossible and ridiculous things. The couple, broken-hearted, finally backed away.

About a month later, the wife found out she was pregnant. They now have 2 of their own children. We've always thought that God never intended the adoption to go through, for them, because something better, for them, was coming down the road, and they were being prevented from the onerous demands of the other child's mother if they bowed to her wishes. We don't know what happened to that child, but we realized that that precious baby was in God's very capable hands.

I'm not saying any of this to discourage you and your family in any way. Nor that God has biological children planned for your daughter. Just that we need to listen to those inner warnings, that you have felt now, and not ignore what the Lord is doing.

I love you, my dear brother, and pray that God will work His will in this situation and give you a clear direction to go in.

Thanks. My nature and character has always been "oh, no you DON'T", and run to the challenge. Jenny is continuing to consult with our attorney as to options.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thanks. My nature and character has always been "oh, no you DON'T", and run to the challenge. Jenny is continuing to consult with our attorney as to options.
            You're not the only one with that nature and character. I think it's something a lot of us struggle with.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I think that as long as you pray that God's will be done, that whatever happens will be what God wants. He is in control. You can only try to do what you think is right and what God wants.

Comment

OK, so the case for Kase seems to be a slammed shut door (again).

However - a very interesting development!!!

Long story short, a woman saw Jenny's account (her hopes and dreams smashed, the roller coaster of emotions, etc.) on Facebook of what she has been through, and told Jenny about another woman North of Dallas who is pregnant, and about to deliver, and wants to adopt out, because she had decided abortion was not an option. Praise God for that.

The woman had been using an adoption agency, but she was totally unaware that the adoption agency was charging $40,000!!!!

When she found out, she was looking into private adoption, and was told by this intermediary about Jenny's story.
                Supposedly, the lady decided on the spot that Jenny and her husband would be the perfect parents.

All of this has been happening over the past 3 or 4 weeks, but things have been moving fast, and our attorney has been involved each step of the way.
                All paperwork is signed, both parents are 100% in agreement to adopt out, and that Jenny should be the mommy, and the birth parents have legally instructed the hospital (through power of attorney) that Jenny is to make all decisions at birth and immediately thereafter.

Did I mention that the woman is about to deliver TWINS?!?!?!

A newborn baby girl and a newborn baby boy TWINS!!! We will get a phone call that delivery is imminent, and Jenny and her husband will drive up to Plano and come home with TWINS!

Comment

Long story short, a woman saw Jenny's account (her hopes and dreams smashed, the roller coaster of emotions, etc.) on Facebook of what she has been through, and told Jenny about another woman North of Dallas who is pregnant, and about to deliver, and wants to adopt out, because she had decided abortion was not an option. Praise God for that.

The woman had been using an adoption agency, but she was totally unaware that the adoption agency was charging $40,000!!!!

When she found out, she was looking into private adoption, and was told by this intermediary about Jenny's story.
                  Supposedly, the lady decided on the spot that Jenny and her husband would be the perfect parents.

All of this has been happening over the past 3 or 4 weeks, but things have been moving fast, and our attorney has been involved each step of the way.
                  All paperwork is signed, both parents are 100% in agreement to adopt out, and that Jenny should be the mommy, and the birth parents have legally instructed the hospital (through power of attorney) that Jenny is to make all decisions at birth and immediately thereafter.

A newborn baby girl and a newborn baby boy TWINS!!! We will get a phone call that delivery is imminent, and Jenny and her husband will drive up to Plano and come home with TWINS!
                  Something or other about moving in mysterious ways, opening a door when another closes etc.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's good news for Jenny.

What is going to happen to Kase?

Comment

Something better down the road! Yuh!

And continuing to pray for precious Kase.

Comment

Agreeing with mossrose Lord, have mercy on Kase.
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Something better down the road! Yuh!

And continuing to pray for precious Kase.
                          I'm still torn about Kase, but I have to accept the fact that we poured ourselves and our love and our values into him for a whole year, and I pray for him daily.

Comment

That's good news for Jenny.

What is going to happen to Kase?
                            We have no way of knowing... we are totally shut out of his life.

Comment

We have no way of knowing... we are totally shut out of his life.
                              Just have to trust that God will be there for him and find him a good family.

Comment

Just have to trust that God will be there for him and find him a good family.
                                Yes, and a variation of yet another case of "tell them about Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit and leave the results to God".

Kase is in God's hands, and we have done all we have been allowed to do. The last time we saw him (his birthday party at our house) he was still singing the songs he learned in our Church nursery.

Comment