Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

We MAY be getting Kase Back!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Texas is a one party consent state.
    I remember me brudda mentionfying that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I remember me brudda mentionfying that.
      I would record every conversation with this woman, just in case. But this woman should have nothing to do with caring for a child. She is clearly off her rocker.

Comment

I would record every conversation with this woman, just in case. But this woman should have nothing to do with caring for a child. She is clearly off her rocker.
        And that's a whole 'nuther can of worms --- we have all of the text messages, phone calls, and enough evidence to show she's nuttier than Aunt Wilma in the basement.

But do we really want to go down that road? It would cost at least $5,000 to initiate that, we've already spent $5,000 to date, with an additional $1,500 for this last round.

It's not just the money - we can manage that --- but are we forcing a door open that God has closed twice? That's my biggest prayer concern.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Apparently, she has violated some principles of the child welfare / adoption process (I can't remember the legal term) but it equates to "dangling a child out there for adoption" in bad faith.

Again, my biggest concern is that we could WIN this, but it may not be what God wants for us. It's so hard to know when you're emotionally involved and so much in love with an actual human child.

My "Go to" prayer for this ---- "God, you know what a blockhead I can be --- please make this so incredibly clear that even I can't get it wrong".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Apparently, she has violated some principles of the child welfare / adoption process (I can't remember the legal term) but it equates to "dangling a child out there for adoption" in bad faith.

Again, my biggest concern is that we could WIN this, but it may not be what God wants for us. It's so hard to know when you're emotionally involved and so much in love with an actual human child.

My "Go to" prayer for this ---- "God, you know what a blockhead I can be --- please make this so incredibly clear that even I can't get it wrong".

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And that's a whole 'nuther can of worms --- we have all of the text messages, phone calls, and enough evidence to show she's nuttier than Aunt Wilma in the basement.

But do we really want to go down that road? It would cost at least $5,000 to initiate that, we've already spent $5,000 to date, with an additional $1,500 for this last round.

It's not just the money - we can manage that --- but are we forcing a door open that God has closed twice? That's my biggest prayer concern.
              But if she keeps Kase, what sort of life is he gonna have with a nutter for a "mom?"

Comment

But if she keeps Kase, what sort of life is he gonna have with a nutter for a "mom?"
                That is most definitely a factor in the equation.

Comment

From this remove, it seems obvious that he would be in a much better place with you. Don't over-think this.

I'm reminded of the story of a guy whose house is flooded, and he needs rescuing - but he turns down the raft, boat, and helicopter which offer rescue because he's relying on God to rescue him - then gets mad at God when he shows up at the pearly gates because God didn't rescue him.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yeah, what kind of person uses a child as a pawn to play some twisted game? She isn't likely thinking of what's best for the child.
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

You certainly are in a situation that requires lots of care and prayer.

I do wonder if it is really God closing the door. To me, it seems to be not in the nature of God to show a person in need and then prevent someone from helping. I can't come up with an example of that happening in the Bible.

Of course, I'm not closely involved so I don't know the details.

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

I do wonder if it is really God closing the door. To me, it seems to be not in the nature of God to show a person in need and then prevent someone from helping. I can't come up with an example of that happening in the Bible.

Yeah I can't imagining taking in a child who needs a loving family so obviously would ever be against God's will for someone. Maybe the difficulty isn't God telling CP it's not his will, but that he wants to see how determined CP is to follow through and not give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                          Yeah, what kind of person uses a child as a pawn to play some twisted game? She isn't likely thinking of what's best for the child.
                          You haven't seen many divorces have you?

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

But it's obvious you care, brother. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              From this remove, it seems obvious that he would be in a much better place with you. Don't over-think this.

I'm reminded of the story of a guy whose house is flooded, and he needs rescuing - but he turns down the raft, boat, and helicopter which offer rescue because he's relying on God to rescue him - then gets mad at God when he shows up at the pearly gates because God didn't rescue him.
                              Thanks - we're looking at options, including enough evidence to show a "breach of contract" where she, in her role as legal custodian, actually offered "you keep him for weekends in September, then we'll make it permanent in October".

Comment

But it's obvious you care, brother. Thanks.
                                It just occurred to me that this could be perceived as me indicating that TM cares more than others -- nothing like that was intended -- I appreciate all who have responded.

Comment