Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

We MAY be getting Kase Back!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We MAY be getting Kase Back!!!

Not sure how much, of anything, I have shared about my eldest daughter's quest for motherhood, including spending bunches of money on medical procedures and means and methods.

About a year ago, a colleague at her husband's workplace (a fellow cop) opened the door to the possibility that they (my daughter and son-in-law) might get to be new parents, because there was a baby whose mother had been declared unfit, and this couple (my son-in-law's fellow cop) would be in very influential in the future custody of the baby.

It all went very smoothly, with my daughter and her husband getting temporary custody, and we were working through the courts to make this legally permanent.

On the VERY DAY that things would become a "permanent standing order", the fellow cop's wife (let's call her Jezebel) suddenly changed her mind, and effectively ripped little Kase out of our lives. We had no legal recourse - her husband was the blood relative, but she was calling all the shots, and for whatever reason, she just "snapped" and decided to keep the baby for herself, after we (and our church) had grown to love him for 6 months.

The door was absolutely slammed shut in our faces, with no hope on the horizon of anything changing.

Then my daughter got a text last week - out of the blue - from Jezebel. She had been keeping her husband totally out of this, and was demanding that he NOT be involved in the process, and she really really seemed to have a problem with my son-in-law who let her know how he felt about what she had done to them and to Kase.

She said in the text that she was reconsidering things, and would be open to getting things back on track for us to have the baby, but ONLY IF my son-in-law apologized for being mean to her. That didn't go over well, because it just seemed like more emotional nonsense, and we weren't playing that game. As hard as it was for my daughter and her husband -- they declined the opportunity to "get back on track" because they felt it would only lead to another heartbreak, both for them, and for Kase.

Again, door slammed shut.

THEN, the fellow cop took my son-in-law aside at work, and said, "hey, things are changing, I think we're going to get back on track, and this time I'm involved and will be calling the shots". Shock. He had not been involved at all, as he and his wife were on the edge of divorce.

Next thing we knew, my daughter got a text from Jezebel asking if my daughter and her husband could meet with her (Jezebel) and her husband.

They had dinner together, and Kase was there. Amazingly enough, they - Jezebel and her husband - BOTH stated that they felt like the best thing for Kase was for him to be back in our lives, because my daughter and her husband would make wonderful parents, and we have a support system including our whole Church who fell in love with Kase.

I'm trying hard not to get too overly excited, but the plan for now is weekend custody through September, and full custody beginning in October.

So, this is both a PRAISE (that we got this far all of a sudden, after seemingly a hopeless situation) and a PRAYER REQUEST that God's Will be done.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Not sure how much, of anything, I have shared about my eldest daughter's quest for motherhood, including spending bunches of money on medical procedures and means and methods.
    Correction! This is my YOUNGEST daughter! My eldest daughter is the one who ran away from home, got pregnant, got into drugs and gangs and stuff, and woke up a couple years ago deciding she wanted to be a human again, and is now fired up for Jesus and serving as our Youth Leader at Church.

My youngest daughter, about whom this thread was started, is our Church's pianist, among other things.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Tentative

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I am WAY more optimistic about this because of Jezebel's husband's involvement -- she's an emotional roller coaster, and he's very much like my son-in-law - black and white, "just the facts" --- logic, not emotion.

Comment

Is there anyway you all could get it in writing? If this woman really is mental you have no idea what she will do. But praying for Kase and your daughter.

PS, why isn't a court involved in this? They should have the final say not this woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Is there anyway you all could get it in writing? If this woman really is mental you have no idea what she will do. But praying for Kase and your daughter.
            HAD it all in writing, but this woman is assigned custody by the court - the birth mother has been stripped of her rights. The woman still has custody AND the option to transfer custody. We're still working with our attorney to make that 'transfer' permanent. (It was on a "trial basis")

PS, why isn't a court involved in this? They should have the final say not this woman.
            Workin on it.

Comment

We had a GREAT weekend with Kase - we had him Friday evening through Monday Evening because it was Labor Day Weekend.

He does this thing where he looks shy and bashful for the first 15 minutes when he "re-meets" somebody, then he breaks out in a big grin and everything is back to normal. Except for me. When he saw me, he yelled "Papa", and came racing toward me. Really hacked my daughter off!

He was at Church, and they were all very excited to see him.

Comment

How do you say "Kase?" "Case" or "KC"?

Comment

How do you say "Kase?" "Case" or "KC"?
                  Just like Case. Don't know why the K instead of C, but that's how he came.

Comment

Wow, talk about an emotional roller coaster.

We had a FANTASTIC weekend with Kase, celebrating his Second Birthday. Had him from Friday afternoon to Monday night, and he enjoyed a church full of attention.

Then the crazy lady who has custodial care turned flakey again, and demanded a meeting with our lawyer. She made that as impossible as she could, but our attorney finally got in touch with her (she had dodged the call a number of times, even though my daughter told her what number would be calling her).

During that phone call, she (the crazy lady) explained that if this thing could not be made permanent NOW, with no time restraint, then it's not going to happen. Our lawyer explained to her that it's a very simple and straight forward process, but it ALWAYS involves, in Texas law, an initial judges order (already accomplished) AND a 6 month "residency" --- then the Judge signs the order into permanency. No way around the 6 months, but no reason to believe it will NOT become permanent.

The crazy lady yelled at our attorney and said "if it can't happen RIGHT NOW, then I don't want it to happen at all".

We're truly heartbroken - stunned, confused... Jenny took the day off in tears.

Either God is protecting us from something down the road, or.... I just don't know.

But we are devastated.

Comment

ing for all of you

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

ing for all of you
                        Possible God is protecting us from something down the road - who knows?

It's just been such an extreme roller coaster of emotions for my daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Possible God is protecting us from something down the road - who knows?

It's just been such an extreme roller coaster of emotions for my daughter.
                          Can't you get a judge to remove her from the case and custody by showing she is irrational and bonkers? She should not have anything to do with this or the child.

Comment

Can't you get a judge to remove her from the case and custody by showing she is irrational and bonkers? She should not have anything to do with this or the child.
                            Recordings would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Recordings would be nice.
                              Texas is a one party consent state.

Comment