Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Friend's son with stage 4 bone cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend's son with stage 4 bone cancer

My wife's friend's son just elected to stop treatment for his bone cancer. He's 21 years old.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

As bad as it is to hear about your elderly parent having late stage cancer, having your child, especially when so young being so diagnosed must be much more devastating.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's one of the conditions worse* than what I have. As horrible as it is, I can understand not wanting to continue treatment at a certain point. There comes a point when the pain is just too much to bear.

*Not all cases of CRPS are equally terrible, but it's in the top three most painful conditions in bad cases. Bone cancer is one of the two that beats it.

Comment