Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

need prayer desperately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as a dog owner I completely understand. I lost my last dog to nasal cancer. I did everything I could to help him, spending thousands of dollars, and especially prayer. I don't regret a bit of the cost. I got him an extra year of life without pain.

Comment

thank you all.. her condition has improved. Today we're arranging for her biopsy
      "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

unfortunately the medicine which improved her condition has given her pancreatitis .. she is drinking but not eating... she is very weak and can't stand up .. her hair is wet with me and my grandmother's tears.. we're not sure if she's going to make it, we don't want her to suffer
          "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Talk to your vet. A supplement (my cats use Nutri-cal) may help strengthen her. Get a syringe and hand feed her baby food (meat, obviously - ham, turkey, beef or chicken) - that will get some calories in her. Sugar water if dogs can't have honey (cats can in moderation) to get some energy.

If you don't have a syringe a baby spoon will work - put it in the roof of her mouth where she can't easily spit it out and it won't choke her (about midway works well). Look at her dog food and figure out her normal caloric intake. Baby food is about 250 C per bottle so you can figure from that how much she needs over the course of the day.

If she can drink she may lap up the baby food - give her the chance and see. If not, don't take no for an answer.

Check with the vet but you might want to start her on pediolyte (works with cats, never tried with dogs so ask him first) - she isn't getting enough nutrition to fight with and the electrolytes may help. I've also used Gatorade but I think pediolyte works better for cats (although Gatorade has more sugar so it might be better to start her off - talk to the vet.).

Get some food in her (probably electrolytes too, now that I think about it) and see how she responds before you make any big decisions. It's sometimes just a matter of getting what they need into them. Also, make DARN sure she's warm enough - use a heating pad (on low, under a towel and only while your watching her) if you need to.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Also, use chicken broth instead of water.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

She started eating a little again. Pieces of chicken as the vet instructed. She still is incredibly lethargic, although for some reason she ran to the door to greet a neighbor yesterday (her normal behavior, but really weird given her current health situation)... we are hoping that she is producing more blood cells again. Thinks look a bit better than they were. I am hesitant to say that without knocking on wood, but it's given us a little hope. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. Please pray for her continued well-being. Thank you so much

Comment

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Praying for your dog and you and your grandmother.

Comment

Over the last couple days she has started eating, running around, and playing again. Her blood test results show that her blood cells are regenerating. It's like she came back death's doorstep. I'm scared that it will be just a false hope before something terrible happens again but I can't say I'm not thankful for the last couple days and all the prayers you guys have said for my family. Thank you all

Last edited by hamster; 03-28-2014, 05:07 AM.

Comment

God loves Sophie even more than you do. Congratulations!

Comment

Also, you need to talk to your dog about pirating Photoshop.

Comment

Glad she's doing better - just enjoy the time you have.

And keep her out of Photoshop...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

My dog uses Paint shop Pro (dogs don't know it's not photoshop)

Comment