Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

need prayer desperately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need prayer desperately

My little dog broke out with sores all over her body this afternoon. The vet says that it's vasculitis and we have not been able to determine a cause. Sophie is so important to me and she is important to my Grandmother. For the last five years she has been my grandmother's constant companion and the center of her affection. If something happens to our Sophie, it will destroy my Grandmother. I understand that there are prayer requests out there for human beings who are sick, but this issue isn't just about a sick animal. If something happens to Sophie it will severely, cataclysmically impact what little family that I have. My Grandmother already can't stop crying because we're so worried for her.
    "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Will do.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

ing for you and your grandmother and the doggie Hamster.
        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I understand that there are prayer requests out there for human beings who are sick, but this issue isn't just about a sick animal
          There's no reason to be apologetic about a prayer for pets. They're a center of human love and God's never been one to want us to be stingy with our love.

Comment

Not trying to advertise or anything Hammy, but have you asked your vet about Dinovite? It's a nutritional supplement for itching, but the vitamins and minerals have helped many canines with problems like what you describe. It couldn't hurt to ask.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Praying, hammy. And it is ok to pray for our pets. They have been given to us by the Lord and become part of our family and important members of our household.

Praying especially for your grandmother.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

You don't need to apologize for asking for something like this.

Comment

I'm in, Ham.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Scripture never mentions anything that we cannot take to the Lord in prayer - not a thing. He created animals and pronounced them good. He tends them Himself - so why would He have any problem with us coming to Him on behalf of one of His creations? God's grace and mercy aren't limited resources - it's okay to bring Him the 'small stuff'. He knows it's not necessarily 'small' to us.

The hard part is accepting that death is a part of this world and it will eventually claim all we love - well, from the world's perspective, anyway. Love her while you have her and when, hopefully no time soon, she departs, remember that your life is better because she was in it and it's okay to mourn. But only for a season - it does her no honor and you no good to mourn forever.

Scripture is largely silent about what happens to animals. But it does give us some indications. Paul tells us all of creation will be renewed - last I looked, that includes animals. I firmly believe that we see them again at least in the New Creation - it's consistent with several things in Scripture. I cannot imagine that we can love something God declared 'good' and God does not - that makes no sense. Nor does leaving animals out of the New Creation - that would me God renews rocks but not the poor critters that had to put up with our incredibly imperfect dominion over them - nonsense.

Regardless, the loss of a pet is every bit as real as any other significant loss - and every bit as worthy of our attention if for no other reason than the wounds it leaves on the person.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Comment

Hamster, and

Comment

The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment