Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Friend with cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend with cancer

I had been trying to get ahold of my attorney and friend Bill since February 4th and was getting the run around. Finally got an appointment for a week and a half later which got cancelled the day before (his secretary said he had to go into the hospital for a "procedure" but would be out the next day). After that I still couldn't get hold of him. Yesterday I told his secretary that I was tired of playing games and it has been over a month since I first called.

About three hours later I got a call from him at home (the number for which I had misplaced).

Well, it seems that he hadn't been avoiding me. In early January he had a very minor stroke but while at the hospital a doctor friend told him he wanted to do an MRI. The MRI reveals that he has stage four lung cancer. While they were draining some fluid beside a lung they accidentally collapsed it which resulted in him going into a coma for a week or two.

Long story short, he was in the hospital for most of both January and February and I'm feeling like crap for getting pissed about not being able to get hold of him.

Bill is one who does not talk religion or politics -- period. So I don't know whether or not he is a believer (I'm seeing him for lunch Friday and I'm gonna ask him), but any prayers would be appreciated.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Please don't beat yourself up too much. Everyone jumps to conclusions or gets mad on insufficient information.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Please don't beat yourself up too much. Everyone jumps to conclusions or gets mad on insufficient information.
        Thanks. There are days I think that I am being too hard on myself and then many others that I sneer at that thought and know I'm not being nearly hard enough.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Sometimes we can only work with the information that we have. I'm sure he understands that you were wondering what has going on and why you weren't able to get an appointment to see you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Thanks. There are days I think that I am being too hard on myself and then many others that I sneer at that thought and know I'm not being nearly hard enough.
            Anything I can do to help, you know I’m there for you.

Comment

Do let us know how the lunch on Friday goes.

​​​Like Juvenal says you can call on me for help if you need something.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

Got there at a quarter to noon to see the dumbfounded expressions on the faces of his secretary and assistant. He is back in the hospital but they expect him back Monday and never told them I was coming in so nobody called...

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

That's sad. Praying that he gets out as planned, and you get a chance to show support and caring.

Comment