Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

EMS Chaplain Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMS Chaplain Update

So, today, I got to address the whole EMS crowd with a basic introduction, an overview of what I saw my job entailing, a request that they HELP me develop this role, as they haven't had a Christian Chaplain in over 10 years.

I thought my introduction went well, and it really seemed they were engaged, but there was one young lady who seemed particularly interested.

After the meeting, she asked if we could have a talk.

She's Muslim. Grew up in Saudi Arabia, and was often beaten by her parents for not being "Muslim enough". She had a boyfriend that her parents hated, until her boyfriend beat her up, then they liked him because he would "help bring her back into the faith",

We talked for over an hour, and she has been seeking 'peace', and another EMS tech was telling her about Jesus. She said she believed in God, and Jesus as His Son - not the Jesus of Islam - and was hungry to learn more.

She wasn't quite ready to pray and accept Christ - yet - but I have no doubt she's really close. When we got done talking, I asked her if I could pray with her, and she seemed a bit reluctant - then she asked "what do I need to do". I said, you just sit there and I'll do all the heavy lifting.

After I prayed for her, she looked at me and said, "I think I'm finding it" I waited a second, and she said "Peace". I think I'm finding Peace.

All Glory to God.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

God seems to have brought you two together.

Invite her to visit your church to just 'see what it's all about.'

Comment

That's another thing, Sparko --- last night, our Wednesday Night Group (pretty much all the movers and shakers) were almost giddy at the opportunity to pray for and support this, and were planning on baking cookies and stuff to take to the 5 locations....

We're planning on having an "EMS Appreciation Sunday" inviting them all to visit, with a fish fry afterwards. (Some of them had been to our National Night Out fish fry, and they looked excited to do that again)

Our Church leadership has been very enthusiastic about this, and today's talk with Jasmine is just icing on the cake.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am so seeing God's sovereign providence in bringing you to this Chaplaincy. It's all over the place, absolutely no possibility that He is not working His will through every bit of it!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          I am so seeing God's sovereign providence in bringing you to this Chaplaincy. It's all over the place, absolutely no possibility that He is not working His will through every bit of it!
          One guy is an atheist - somehow, he came to the conclusion that I would be a help to him by being a friend, and if he ever decided to "start that journey", he'd gladly talk to me.

(I had explained that I USED to be rather binary about "are you saved (or not)", but some time ago, I adopted Paul Little's method of "do you know Christ as your Savior, or are you still on the way". Several of them, after the meeting, said, "I'm still on the way")

It's a MISSION FIELD!!!!

Comment

On an interesting side note, our Church used to have an AED, but it went kaput, and they don't sell batteries for it anymore. I was looking to buy a new one, and they cost from $1,200 to $1,700.

At our EMS meeting this morning, they offered to buy one for our Church at their cost, and it would be one that would be "hot swappable" with their equipment.

If we're using the AED, and they show up, they simply unplug the leads from our portable AED, and plug them into their high tech equipment, and give us a new pair of leads for the next go-round. Apparently, the leads are "smart" and transfer the "patient data" from our AED to their equipment, so they have monitor status from the moment we started it up.

Comment

MORE good things are happening. And it has occurred to me that I can't share these things in sermons, because they're "live", and I would be betraying confidences....

So, here, I'll just keep things generic, and be able to give God the glory.

One of the EMS guys "outed himself" today. He told me that he was a Christian, but didn't tell anybody because he was afraid they'd mock him. He told me "you made it cool to be a Christian!" I have mixed feelings about what all that means, but I think he's saying he feels less nervous talking about his faith, because he saw other Christians nodding in agreement as I spoke to the group.

Praise God!!!

Comment

Gotta love it when God seems to lead them to you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Gotta love it when God seems to lead them to you.
                  My Muslim friend and her working partner were IN CHURCH yesterday morning!!! They caught a call about 2/3 through the service, but she got to hear about "the Word became Flesh" in John 1.

Comment