Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Wife in ER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post

Older men too. My dad had several UTIs and it is scary how they resemble strokes.

Yes. Mr. mossy had one a few years ago and I could have sworn it was a stroke.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

If you’d ever had one, you’d know.

An older woman who can speak coherently?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

One of my best friends just died a few months ago from what started as a UTI. It spread until he had sepsis and killed him. UTI's are not something to ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post

Older men too. My dad had several UTIs and it is scary how they resemble strokes.
          The nurses and doctor (and my cousin a retired ER head nurse) all said it is very rare with men but not that rare with women.

And yes, very scary.

I asked her a question while we were waiting for the doctor in the examining room and she replied something like "Green circle door stick." She furrowed her brow and tried speaking again with similar results.

I had just read something about diagnosing strokes a week or two earlier and asked her to close her eyes and raise both arms. Apparently, those suffering from a stroke have difficulties raising both arms to the same height. She had no trouble doing so but I still immediately left and got the doctor who as I noted earlier agreed it could still be a stroke.

As an aside, the doctor in the ER was a total ass. He said something rude to my mother which I objected to which he responded to by smirking and shrugging.

Big mistake.

I'm the first person to tell you that I'm an... void surrounded by a sphincter muscle. The good news is I'm the sort of guy you want fighting for you.

I immediately asked him for his name. He turned around and left walking briskly away -- with me hot on his heels very loudly saying "Hey [bleep], I asked you for your name." He retreated to the nurses station. Didn't help. I followed continuing to demand his name. He went into a room, locked the door and left out through a back door (the door was glass at the top so I could see him). The nurses asked what was wrong. After I told them one reached over and got a form, wrote his name on the top and told me to file a complaint because he's done that before.

He was the second doctor I got fired at that hospital.

Earlier one who was examining her was obviously inebriated, said he had to get something and left. 20 minutes later, now fuming, I went to the nurse's station to ask where was he. He forgot he was literally in mid examination and had gone to lunch. The nurses were begging me to file a complaint.

As I said. I am an [beep] but when you need someone to look out for you it is hard to find someone more determined and dedicated.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            An older woman who can speak coherently?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              One of my best friends just died a few months ago from what started as a UTI. It spread until he had sepsis and killed him. UTI's are not something to ignore.
              Mr. mossy's was sepsis, too, and he was in the hospital for a week and quite sick.

Comment

Couldn't resist

Comment

Couldn't resist
                  I know. It's inevitable.

Comment

I know. It's inevitable.

I'm glad you finally accepted the inevitable since it is inevitable.

Comment

I'm glad you finally accepted the inevitable since it is inevitable.
                      Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Comment

Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Inevitably, you will

Comment

Inevitably, you will
                          Nuh.

Comment

Nuh.
                            Yup

Comment

When I had the mother at the hospital for her chemotherapy all of a sudden she started babbling incoherently. I mean she just would say random words when she spoke. I immediately told the doctor that I thought she was having a stroke and she agreed.

The cancer center is attached to the hospital and I was told I could get her to the emergency room quicker than if someone came up to get her.

In the end it turned out to be a urinary track infection.

Apparently in older women it can cause an inability to speak coherently. Who knew.
                              Yes! If an elderly person is behaving weirdly, always put UTI near the top of easy-to-check possibilities.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

She's doing better. Looks like this was an acute occurrence.

It did remind me that we never know when we are going to go Home. I need to find a loving way to "push" her to deal with end-of-life issues (will, living will, etc.). Our will is out of date and I'm not sure what else we should be setting up.
                                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment